Just In! Prof. John Lott to speak at gun rights conference

This is a discussion on Just In! Prof. John Lott to speak at gun rights conference within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lott confirmed speaker at gun rights conference Professor John Lott, whose book More Guns=Less Crime rocked the gun control movement more than a decade ago, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By joker1
  • 1 Post By Phillep Harding

Thread: Just In! Prof. John Lott to speak at gun rights conference

Just In! Prof. John Lott to speak at gun rights conference

Lott confirmed speaker at gun rights conference

Professor John Lott, whose book More Guns=Less Crime rocked the gun control movement more than a decade ago, will be one of the main speakers during this year’s Gun Rights Policy Conference, according to the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation.

Lott confirmed speaker at gun rights conference, says Gottlieb - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

This thing will be held in Orland at the end of this month. Anybody in the Orlando area can sign up -- attendance is free — and attend the weekend or just one day.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wonder what the Hyatt's CC policy is for the "Gun Rights" conference.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I wonder what the Hyatt's CC policy is for the "Gun Rights" conference.
    You should be good to go in the hotel. DO NOT wander out to the airport food court however.

Key figure in Chicago gun ban case to appear at gun rights confab

Otis McDonald, the man for whom the landmark 2010 Second Amendment victory before the U.S. Supreme Court, essentially nullifying the Chicago handgun ban, will be a headliner at the upcoming Gun Rights Policy Conference, sponsored by the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation.

Key figure in Chicago gun ban case to appear at gun rights confab - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Gun Rights Conference next weekend affirms growing gun ownership

The 27th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference convenes one week from today at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport hotel, and this year’s event will underscore the rising interest in gun ownership, and how that may affect the November election.

Gun Rights Conference next weekend affirms growing gun ownership - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Preaching to the choir...

Wish we could get these people to speak at a Brady bunch convention and lock the doors so everyone would have to listen.
    pittypat21 and phreddy like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Lott gets sloppy with his studies and numbers. He needs a co-author.
    suntzu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Preaching to the choir...

Wish we could get these people to speak at a Brady bunch convention and lock the doors so everyone would have to listen.
    Good luck with that. They don't have a "convention."

Here's an update. George Zimmerman's attorney will be speaking Saturday morning. Ought to be a corker.

Big agenda at this weekend’s Gun Rights conference

Florida criminal defense attorney Mark O’Mara, counsel for George Zimmerman, will discuss “Protecting the Right to Protect” during a Saturday morning session at the 27th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference this weekend in Orlando, Fla.

Big agenda at this weekend

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    Lott gets sloppy with his studies and numbers. He needs a co-author.
    Could you provide some examples? I have heard criticism of Lott before, but I can never get anyone to show me proof.

Even if Lott isn't the attraction, I highly recommend attending as much of the GRPC as you can - it's typically a 2-day thing. There is a lot of free literature to be had and a wide range of speakers who approach the RKBA subject from many different perspectives. When the conference was in Phoenix a few years ago, Alan Gura (who defended Heller before the Supreme Court) was the featured speaker, but if you only heard his talk you missed a lot.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Could you provide some examples? I have heard criticism of Lott before, but I can never get anyone to show me proof.
    Yeah, I hear that too from anti-gunners, but they never seem to come up with anything beyond the 'I think if you do this" level...

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Even if Lott isn't the attraction, I highly recommend attending as much of the GRPC as you can - it's typically a 2-day thing. There is a lot of free literature to be had and a wide range of speakers who approach the RKBA subject from many different perspectives. When the conference was in Phoenix a few years ago, Alan Gura (who defended Heller before the Supreme Court) was the featured speaker, but if you only heard his talk you missed a lot.
    Well, the Pacific Northwest is well-represented, and I will be speaking, along with Alan Gottlieb, David Kopel, John Fund, Otis McDonald of Chicago, Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O'Mara and a host of others.

Mike Vanderboegh, Sipsey Street Irregulars, who broke the Fast & Furious story, just e-mailed me and he will also be attending.

Familiar Northwest names on Gun Rights Conference agenda

Kirby Wilbur, chairman of the Washington State Republican Party and former KVI talk host, and Joe Waldron, past president of the Washington Arms Collectors, will be among the panelists appearing at this weekend’s 27th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Orlando, Fla.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fami...rence-agenda-1

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Most of the attacks relate to the numbers in "More Guns, Less Crime", but those are solid.

However, there is zero substantiation for his claims regarding the number of times simply showing a firearm has resolved a confrontation without a shot being fired. Oddly, I have not seen any of the gun grabbers attack him on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Well, the Pacific Northwest is well-represented, and I will be speaking, along with Alan Gottlieb, David Kopel, John Fund, Otis McDonald of Chicago, Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O'Mara and a host of others.

Mike Vanderboegh, Sipsey Street Irregulars, who broke the Fast & Furious story, just e-mailed me and he will also be attending.

Familiar Northwest names on Gun Rights Conference agenda

Kirby Wilbur, chairman of the Washington State Republican Party and former KVI talk host, and Joe Waldron, past president of the Washington Arms Collectors, will be among the panelists appearing at this weekend’s 27th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Orlando, Fla.

Familiar Northwest names on Gun Rights Conference agenda - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Sounds like a great lineup!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

As Gun Rights Conference warms, Fast & Furious heats up anew

In Orlando Saturday, talk about Operation Fast and Furious is once again heating up with Friday’s revelation that Capitol Hill investigators are looking at a subpoena for someone who declined to talk earlier, and a key whistleblower is demanding the retraction of a June 27 article published by Fortune Magazine.

As Gun Rights Conference warms, Fast & Furious heats up anew - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Links