2012 DNC platform plank on firearms

This is a discussion on 2012 DNC platform plank on firearms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Reasonable Regulation is a lie used by tyrants to get their foot in the door. That's all its ever been and that is all it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 2012 DNC platform plank on firearms

Senior Moderator
    Reasonable Regulation is a lie used by tyrants to get their foot in the door.

That's all its ever been and that is all it will ever be. It can be defined as a secret code word used by politicians to mean, "we are going to screw your eyeballs right out of your head"...while they laugh about it over their glasses of wine.

Once that little snowball starts rolling downhill...it cant do anything but get bigger.
    peckman28 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Gun laws are not enforceable without people to enforce them. The government could ban all guns tomorrow, but it doesn't do any good if you don't have the LE to enforce it. I personally think to put a dent in the everyday violent crime, that the federal government should send money down to the state and local governments to help fund hiring of additional LEOs so they can put them where they need them. Gun crime is going to be deterred at the local level not in congress or the white house. Just my two cents.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Gun laws are not enforceable without people to enforce them. The government could ban all guns tomorrow, but it doesn't do any good if you don't have the LE to enforce it. I personally think to put a dent in the everyday violent crime, that the federal government should send money down to the state and local governments to help fund hiring of additional LEOs so they can put them where they need them. Gun crime is going to be deterred at the local level not in congress or the white house. Just my two cents.
    That's why most of these "reasonable" regulations have to do with manufacture and sale of new hardware... why enforce the people when you can enforce the manufacturers and distributors? Then after the new stuff is all restricted, they'll go for "registration" of existing hardware. Most people who own firearms are good, law-abiding folk that will comply.

Of course, I've got a new fishing hobby. I don't know why I always take my gun safe with me, it's gonna lead to an accident one day... but I'm just afraid that if I leave them at home, they'll get stolen. What's a kid to do?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Chicago has "reasonable regulation". Look how well it is working for them.
    This should be the standard response to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    This should be the standard response to this issue.
    Chicagoans retort with the same old fluff... "It's because guns are so easy to get everywhere else, if our gun laws were nationwide, there would be no crime!"
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    However, the California senator’s declaration that, “Weapons of war do not belong on our streets, in our classrooms, in our schools or in our movie theatres,”
    So let me see if I have this right. The next Alien movie, Arnie will fight them with a sling shot and pea shooter? The next Top Gun movie, Tom will be flying paper airplanes? The next Saving Private Rynn Tom Hanks will be throwing chalk board erasers?

I'm sorry, but the only thing worse than this woman's ignorance is her looks.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    So let me see if I have this right. The next Alien movie, Arnie will fight them with a sling shot and pea shooter? The next Top Gun movie, Tom will be flying paper airplanes? The next Saving Private Rynn Tom Hanks will be throwing chalk board erasers?

I'm sorry, but the only thing worse than this woman's ignorance is her looks.
    I was just wondering from that quote where I can get my rocket launcher and F-16

-- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Chicagoans retort with the same old fluff... "It's because guns are so easy to get everywhere else, if our gun laws were nationwide, there would be no crime!"
    That is the same excuse His Lordship bloomberg uses.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That is the same excuse His Lordship bloomberg uses.
    Yeah... they conveniently forget that the "sources" for all those big-bad guns have so much less crime... but don't confuse them with facts!!

YOU! Drop that Big Gulp!

-- John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Governor Romney wasn't exactly a gun-rights advocate... though his statement was that he improved the situation as much as he could. I don't know if I buy that, but I'm guessing that he'll toe the party line as President. As opposed to Obama, who has had an anti-gun stance every time he's had a chance to express it.
    Except for that time Obama signed the bill into law allowing CC in national parks.

I'm sure Obama has an anti-gun voting record, but I'd be curious to see what it is. Has anyone done any research already that would be able to give a list of anti-gun votes he took as a state and U.S. Senator? I'm sure the NRA has a record of it. Maybe someone that is familiar with their site can research and post it up?

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    Except for that time Obama signed the bill into law allowing CC in national parks.

I'm sure Obama has an anti-gun voting record, but I'd be curious to see what it is. Has anyone done any research already that would be able to give a list of anti-gun votes he took as a state and U.S. Senator? I'm sure the NRA has a record of it. Maybe someone that is familiar with their site can research and post it up?
    That wasn't a separate bill, it was an amendment that got snuck into a big credit card thing that he REALLY wanted. If he had the choice, I'm sure he wouldn't have passed it, but he sure gets a lot of credit for it.

Also, it didn't allow CCW in parks, it removed the prohibition. State governments can still ban CCW in National Parks.
    Last edited by livewire; September 6th, 2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: addendum
    msgt/ret likes this.

-- John F. Kennedy

Of course they want to "regulate" guns, just like the European countries. Just look how well that worked out for Londoners during the riots last year. Geez! Don't you know that guns kill people...and pencils cause mistakes?
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong..

My point being that as President he has signed one pro-gun bill and zero anti-gun bills. What does his record as a Senator look like?

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Of course they want to "regulate" guns, just like the European countries. Just look how well that worked out for Londoners during the riots last year. Geez! Don't you know that guns kill people...and pencils cause mistakes?
    Why do you think I hate my spoon?!

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    My point being that as President he has signed one pro-gun bill and zero anti-gun bills. What does his record as a Senator look like?
    Don't know about the validity of this site, but it's an interesting read nonetheless.
    Gun control: Mitt Romney and Barack Obama’s political record | The Raw Story

From CBS:
    I'll have to look the rest up, unless someone else wants to chime in, but...
    Last edited by livewire; September 6th, 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Merge; addendum

-- John F. Kennedy

That seems like a fair assessment of both Romney and Obama. Looks like neither one can make the claim to be better than the other on pro-gun issues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links