Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners - Page 2

Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners

This is a discussion on Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Eagleks Any idiot that thinks "more laws" is going to do any good, has lost their mind. There's a law against 'murder' ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Any idiot that thinks "more laws" is going to do any good, has lost their mind. There's a law against 'murder' too.... seems they don't pay attention to that one either.
    +1 here

Shoot straight and stay safe.
    bandrich likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Idiots.
    To call them Idiots is an insult to Idiots...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Idiots.
    Well stated in IMHO. That is the prob they are mostly, maybe not all, but mostly Idiots of a left leaning condition.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I live in central Illinois (Dozier Country) now but have several relatives in law enforcement from local on up the federal. Two of them are Chicago's finest. I went up for a visit yesterday. Obviously not getting into details but both very discouraged/disappointed with how Chicago is now out of control. Also discouraged with the lack of response and plan the city has for dealing with it. Working extra hours to attempt to control an uncontrollable situation. Now more visible crime in the Gold Coast area than ever, once considered a relatively safe zone. The criminals have almost full control of the city with fears that it will become the next Detroit. I've never seen either of these guys other than enthusiastic and driven to make Chicago a great city to live and visit until now. I left two beaten and hopeless veteran cops. A very sad situation.

The answer isn't new gun control laws or restrictions. The law abiding people of Cook County need to take the city back. Elect officials that will provide them the freedoms to protect themselves and the city from the trash that is currently controlling their lives. When does it stop? When are the officials in Chicago going to realize that their cops can't handle it...they aren't personal bodyguards there to protect you. Its the job of each individual person to protect their family and property. The cops won't and can't do that. You need legally armed law abiding citizens to do that.

VIP Member
    No one will talk to the police in Chicago? Go Figure! For decades Chicago has had one of the most corrupt PD's in the country. Why would the people in the "hoods" trust them. In fact why would people in any part of the city trust them? McCarthy is nothing more than Rahm Emanuel's appointed flunky.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Yeah, more laws for gun owners. The guys that dont bother anyone. Good plan. I'm sure the criminals will obey the NEW laws even though they ignore all the old laws. I feel for you guys up there in Chicago. And my buddies up in NY. Seems as if choking the life out of law abiding citizens is the only plan they have for trying to curb their problem. I dunno, lets try ARMING our victims (uh, I mean citizens). Oh well. I know i'm just repeating whats been said a thousand times before. Just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    No one will talk to the police in Chicago? Go Figure! For decades Chicago has had one of the most corrupt PD's in the country. Why would the people in the "hoods" trust them. In fact why would people in any part of the city trust them? McCarthy is nothing more than Rahm Emanuel's appointed flunky.
    Easy Slick. Be careful of your accusations. I've lived that life and worked with some of the most honest dedicated officers in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Some people will take offense to that. Sometimes the truth is the most disturbing of all.

Sounds like gun control to me...

Just b/c they're honest, doesn't mean they're not part of the problem. When depts like LAPD, Oakland, and Chicago get national reputations like that, it's not just b/c of a couple bad apples. No one's saying that all are bad, but there's way too many. Do your friends get it? - are they on board with the real solution?

Just b/c they're honest, doesn't mean they're not part of the problem. When depts like LAPD, Oakland, and Chicago get national reputations like that, it's not just b/c of a couple bad apples. No one's saying that all are bad, but there's way too many. Do your friends get it? - are they on board with the real solution?
    They are family and yes, they get it. No question that Chicago has its share of bad apples ( as do all depts and agencies in this country) along with a questionable managerial infrastructure but I take offense to painting with a broad brush. Many officers see the problem but have zero control or authority to resolve...those who are familiar with this environment would understand.

The problem in Chicago goes beyond the rank and file within the dept. The problem is the politics and senior leadership that have agendas that fall short of benefiting the citizens of Chicago. CPD, as with ALL agencies, is very hierarchical...get with the program or get out. Getting out isn't that easy for most so they concentrate on doing the best they can without getting involved in the corrupt politics. Believe it or not we still have officers that have faith in the system

Is there a breaking point? Im sure there is but will be different for everyone. Folks just shouldn't broadly judge what they don't understand. It's a sad day when we can make a general comment that police officers cannot be trusted. Won't want to live in that world.

"... report when a weapon is sold, given away, lost or stolen."

And just what is that supposed to do to help curb crime? If anything, it creates more noise that gets in the way of any actual policing.

All such a law would do is create a new class of lawbreakers, those who choose to not make such reports, or don't get the word that they are supposed to.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

My grandpa told me many years ago that laws are written to protect the criminals. That still holds true today.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    More legislation, no matter how ineffective, apparently makes the sheep feel as though they are being protected.
    ParaSig likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by TailRunner View Post
    My grandpa told me many years ago that laws are written to protect the criminals. That still holds true today.
    Agree. Always has and always will been the case. This is why most ( if not all) of law enforcement groups support CCW...including Chicago cops. Need to turn the tables against the criminals and use the laws to put them down and not benefit them. They need laws like CCW to allow the good people to protect themselves from the trash in this world.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links