Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners

This is a discussion on Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My Wifes Family is all from Lake Forest. A Burb of Chicago. Her Family has almost all left Illlinois because of the problems in Chicago. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Chicago out of options on homicides: will write new laws against legal gun owners

My Wifes Family is all from Lake Forest. A Burb of Chicago.
    Her Family has almost all left Illlinois because of the problems in Chicago.
    I refuse to even visit Illinois ever again.
    I live in Texas and cannot fathom not having something to protect me and mine with me.
    And they won't come here either because it's too HOT!
    I tell them we've got air conditioning that works a lot better here than their GUN CONTROL.

"Oh, how can you stand being around all those Texans with their Guns?", they ask.
    Easy, We are more polite here!

Sometime I think it's because they've never know anything else.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    My Wifes Family is all from Lake Forest. A Burb of Chicago.
    Her Family has almost all left Illlinois because of the problems in Chicago.
    I refuse to even visit Illinois ever again.
    I live in Texas and cannot fathom not having something to protect me and mine with me.
    And they won't come here either because it's too HOT!
    I tell them we've got air conditioning that works a lot better here than their GUN CONTROL.

"Oh, how can you stand being around all those Texans with their Guns?", they ask.
    Easy, We are more polite here!

Sometime I think it's because they've never know anything else.
    I live in central Illinois in a relatively safe area. But we do have home invasions, shootings, gang crime on the west side. I am a law abiding person and will transport legally within Illinois but it takes a lot for me to do that. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think about carrying concealed in Illinois. I do have a CCW from Florida and Arizona and spend a lot of time in St Louis. You can fannie pack carry in Illinois with the mag in the pouch next to an unloaded firearm. This i did confirm with the ISP ...OR you can transport in a gun case as long as its unloaded. There are no laws regulating the transportation of ammo. Not CCW but as good as its going to get for now. I dream of the day I can effectively and legally protect my family outside of the home in the state of Illinois. If I was able I would move but that's just not in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCCW View Post
    I live in central Illinois in a relatively safe area. But we do have home invasions, shootings, gang crime on the west side. I am a law abiding person and will transport legally within Illinois but it takes a lot for me to do that. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think about carrying concealed in Illinois. I do have a CCW from Florida and Arizona and spend a lot of time in St Louis. You can fannie pack carry in Illinois with the mag in the pouch next to an unloaded firearm. This i did confirm with the ISP ...OR you can transport in a gun case as long as its unloaded. There are no laws regulating the transportation of ammo. Not CCW but as good as its going to get for now. I dream of the day I can effectively and legally protect my family outside of the home in the state of Illinois. If I was able I would move but that's just not in the cards.
    Here in Texas we call a handgun with no ammo in it a ROCK. And an unloaded rifle a CLUB!
    Kinda defeats the purpose to have them unloaded where I come from.
    I want my protection to be unwrapped and ready to go.
    Ever tried to get a condom ready in the heat of passion?
    Same thing, only your life is at stake.

For what it's worth, I've been to some nice places in Illinois in my Motorhome on my way to visit the family.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Well, outlaw guns and only criminals will have guns...... they were right about that one. LOL . And so far, the criminals are winning....

I know what will resolve this ,

Chicago should make it a LAW that no one can shoot or kill anyone else. That will do it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCCW View Post
    You can fannie pack carry in Illinois with the mag in the pouch next to an unloaded firearm. This i did confirm with the ISP
    In IL, that's a couple seconds away from being fully armed. Not great, but that's not bad for a no-CHL state. I had thought there was no carry at all, in IL, outside one's home or business.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Chicago is the toilet bowl for gun control.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    simple choice, leave.. if all the good guys leave the criminals can have a free for all. I felt so out of place when I went to see my son's naval gradutation, I couldn't have my normal accessories
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    In IL, that's a couple seconds away from being fully armed. Not great, but that's not bad for a no-CHL state. I had thought there was no carry at all, in IL, outside one's home or business.
    It's technically not a carry...it's a transport. I carry the Legal Transport Tri-Fold off the ISP website. There are still police officials in our state that dont understand the transportation laws. I personally know our police chief and he will tell you you might get guns drawn on the fannie pack carry...but it is legal. And again it's an unloaded firearm with a loaded mag or speed loader in the pack next to it. It's considered a legal transport in our state.

Growing up near Chicago (in Indiana) I can attest to their attitude of not understanding guns. I have friends who will not come to my home due to the fear of my gun safe may just explode or something. They get the fear driven in to them and have no way to assuage it. We all take for granted our comfort level with guns, but if all you know about them you learned from Chuck Norris and columbine... Well, that's what you get.

VIP Member
    If you've ever been to Chicago or Detroit you will notice that most are democrate voter and still waiting on checks, handouts, things like that. In the mean time the shoot the town up because their mad and wild.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

IL politicians will come down on law abiding gunowners every chance they get: The police chief is a politician. "Fighting crime" in Chicago is a misnomer. Chicago cops respond to crime after the fact.

Chicago's had much higher homicide numbers in the past; 970 in 1974 and 943 in 1992. All this crap is coming down in Chicago while NYC enjoys record low homicides. Maybe they don't need more laws as much as they need to turn the police loose, especially in south and west Chicago.

I think the "leaders" if Illinois figure that since most of the nation now thinks they are gangsters & crooks, that it's ok to go ahead act like one and pass these crazy laws. kinda sad, none of these anti laws will ever stop any of the gang violence or drug trafficking.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

I lived in Evanston and Rodgers Park. I bounced into chi town once in a while.
    The city sucks huge wads of crap! I only stayed for six years, that is all I could take!
    I will never live there again. Screw them.

Good Lord. Could you imagine if one of those Chicago politicians made it to the White House?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links