Personal Protection, a Personal Responsibility

This is a discussion on Personal Protection, a Personal Responsibility within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Personal Protection, a Personal Responsibility By Gerard Valentino The fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America brought the horror of that day back into ...

Thread: Personal Protection, a Personal Responsibility

By Gerard Valentino

The fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America brought the horror of that day back into the homes of millions of Americans.

As usual, the establishment media exploited the tragedy to bolster television ratings by bringing every possible so-called expert on the air to discuss how 9/11 changed America. Countless hours were also spent discussing the results of the 9/11 commission and how the government needs to protect us from harm.

It's true that part of the government's job is to protect American interests, but it is simply impossible for the federal government, or local police, to protect individual Americans.

The establishment media experts don't acknowledge that the personal security and safety of each American is each individual's own personal responsibility.

Establishment media safety consultants often ignore that it is up to each American to assure their own security when confronted with crime or the threat or terrorism.

Supreme Court rulings in several cases, most notably, Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, have cemented in the mind of self-defense experts that the government has no constitutional obligation to protect people from harm. The ruling was based on the failure of the police in Castle Rock to adequately enforce a restraining order leading to the kidnapping, and eventual murder, of three young children.

Such a ruling was not precedent setting and instead was well established constitutional law. Yet, most Americans still believe it is their right to be protected by local, state and federal officials. Regardless of the anecdotal and legal proof, that it is simply not the case.

Personal protection is, however, another personal responsibility that the establishment media, and those on the left, want to see given over to the federal government.

You can read the entire article here:
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3298.html

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Angio333 View Post
    Yet, most Americans still believe it is their right to be protected by local, state and federal officials. Regardless of the anecdotal and legal proof, that it is simply not the case.
    I'd bet that is true of at least 95% of Americans. Maybe if they knew the facts things would be different.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Oh so true - must be a HUGE majority that think their protection comes all bought and paid for .

Part of getting newbies into shooting and then perhaps CCW - is getting them to see the light - and realize that it is THEIR very own responsibility - no one elses.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

responsibilty

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Oh so true - must be a HUGE majority that think their protection comes all bought and paid for .

Part of getting newbies into shooting and then perhaps CCW - is getting them to see the light - and realize that it is THEIR very own responsibility - no one elses.

US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

I Am Responsible...

for protecting myself and my family...nothing else.

Those who choose not to protect themselves take risks that THEY are responsible for...not me!

Stay very alert...
    From all I read and hear...I sense something will happen in the near future. I have purchased extra ammo and extra food/water.

Plan ahead!

If chaos should strike...BG's feed on the first!

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The person most responsible for your safety is the person who looks back at you from the mirror when you brush your teeth.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    There is plenty of blame to go around.......

We have allowed this to take place!

Some blame should go to the anti-gunners: They spread fear & false info to the sheeple. From making it sound like guns are the root of all evil to making it sound like anybody who owns a gun is a criminal.

Some blame to the media: For siding with the antis & spreading doom & gloom in their news reports along the same lines.

Some blame to the entertainment industry: For giving us all the blood & guts that everybody craves. From video games to slasher films, they give the impression that once a person gets a gun they go 'nuts'.

Some blame to the politicians: Like Blooming Idiot in NYC, who is breaking firearms laws by entraping gun dealers so he can make headlines. As well as others like Schumer & Fienstein that 'would take them all away' if allowed.

Some blame to the gun owners: For allowing the above to take place!

We have gotten so wrapped up in political correctness that it makes me want to puke!

We no longer teach firearm safety in school, where I bet a lot of us were taught!

We no longer teach our children how to handle firearms. Most of us were taught by parents.

Firearms are becoming an evil item, not be tolerated.

We no longer take RESPONSIBILTY for anything, everybody is in full CYA mode.

....etc....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Links