Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's

This is a discussion on Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in Seattle, and last Sunday I had to call 911 at about 4 a.m. The police showed up a little after 8. Their ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's

I live in Seattle, and last Sunday I had to call 911 at about 4 a.m.

The police showed up a little after 8. Their excuse? Shift change.

And now they want me to rely on them 100% for my safety and that of my family? I don't think so.
    CIBMike likes this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

2. Remove Ads

Not sure if this is a true story or an anticdote,,,,Seems a man calls 911 and says "someone is breaking into my garage" and the dispatcher says "we are in the middle of a shift change and all available officers are on more urgent business...I'll get someone there as soon as possible"...he waits a few minutes, calls back again requesting an officer be sent and hears the same story...all busy right now...about a half hour later he calls back and says "Don't worry about hurrying down here about that intruder...I shot him"...the police were there in 3 minutes....

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    Not sure if this is a true story or an antidote,,,,Seems a man calls 911 and says "someone is breaking into my garage" and the dispatcher says "we are in the middle of a shift change and all available officers are on more urgent business...I'll get someone there as soon as possible"...he waits a few minutes, calls back again requesting an officer be sent and hears the same story...all busy right now...about a half hour later he calls back and says "Don't worry about hurrying down here about that intruder...I shot him"...the police were there in 3 minutes....
    It's a long story, some of which has been fleshed out here on the forum. I have a neighbor who is drinking himself to death. I have personally called 9-1-1 eight times in the last few weeks for noise and safety issues (mostly worried that he had killed himself). Each time the PD and FD show up, and he gets hauled off to the hospital. Until last Sunday, he came back every time and picked up where he left off.

At 4 a.m., my wife and I were startled awake by the familiar sound of him crashing to the floor, followed by some moans. We called 9-1-1, but didn't hear any noises after that. We assumed they arrived and hauled him off... until I got a phone call from the police at 8 a.m. because the building is secured, and they needed to be let in.

I asked the police officer somewhat incredulously why they were just now showing up, and the excuse was 'shift change'. I buzzed them in, and they found the neighbor once again in need of a hospital visit.

This is one of the saddest and most desperate things that I've ever experienced. It is absolutely heart-breaking watching someone slowly cripple and kill themselves. I visited him in the hospital and the two of us talked. I told him that while his disease can make him just about the worst neighbor one could have (shy of Jeffery Dahmer), I have nothing but compassion for him. I genuinely like the guy (we've talked once while he was sober, and he is a genuinely good guy whose disease has gotten away from him).

At any rate, I convinced him that he needed to check himself in to an in-residence recovery center, and promised that I would visit every week since his other friends abandoned him and he his sexual preference has meant that he's been ostracized from his family.

I look forward to seeing him this weekend, and hope for everyone's sake that he's turned the corner.

At any rate, I didn't call because someone was breaking into my garage. I don't know where you got that from or why it is in quotes. And they only told me about the shift excuse after showing up. The 9-1-1 operator simply said that she would dispatch both PD and FD. She dropped the ball big time. The guy could have died.

So, there you have it. 9-1-1 does not have a perfect track record.

As an aside, if someone was breaking in, I would let the operator know that I was armed because 1) it would be true, and 2) that usually gets you bumped to the top of the list.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Sensei2 YOU are the problem. You are using logic, reason and common sense to address an idiot. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???
    dear ExactlyMyPoint: I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK! i must plead guilty as charged. guess i wasn't thinking very well.

in 1989 I was living in an apartment in Southeast Denver and on a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon, I heard the boom-boom-boom of shotgun fire from across the compound and saw two guys with blood flying everywhere running like scared and injured jack rabbits. I immediately dialed 911 with a "shots fired" -"need the Po-Po- here Now" statement.

the Denver PD showed up 2 and 1/2 hours later and established a perimeter three blocks away and waited another hour for SWAT to arrive.

....gonna leave my gun home and wait for the police to save me? When pigs fly.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Sounds to me like there is a villiage over in China that may want its idiot Deputy Mayor back.

Why don't these like minded fools, who hate the Second Amendment, and all it stands for just leave.
    ccw9mm and sigmanluke like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    What Mr Smith is doing is playing politics with his inner city liberal community voters. Those are the majority in most large cities makeup of different types of voters. That's why these liberals leaders in Kilfornia, DC, Chicago and other weird places keep getting voted in, and it's not going to get any better. I strongly believe the conservative people are being out bred, if not already it will be soon. Then u will get change , I hate to say. This trend to happening slowly all over this great nation.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Sounds to me like there is a villiage over in China that may want its idiot Deputy Mayor back.

Why don't these like minded fools, who hate the Second Amendment, and all it stands for just leave.
    Better yet ... why don't we run 'em out of town on a rail? At some point, it's entirely likely to come to that.

In the meantime, voting out the liberty haters and enacting "iron-clad" Constitution and/or statute changes is how we'll have to leave our mark. Hopefully it can all be done before the bloodsuckers do too much more damage. We're heading in the right direction, more or less, with the 2A, but it's all still just one vote-flip or two away from erasure.
    Spirit51 and oneshot like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Was born and raised in Seattle.
    Nothing short of a summons can get me visit that cesspool anymore.

The mayor, city council and police are a bad joke.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    every smart felon in America is now heading Northwest.
    They're gonna have a pretty unpleasant surprise then. You can't get to Seattle and Portland without passing through eastern Oregon (my stomping grounds) and eastern Washington. And the people in these rural areas have a lot of guns.

And just my luck. I'm leaving for a weekend in Seattle this afternoon. Well, the deputy mayor can shove it. I'm taking my gun.

Maybe the "Deputy" Mayor Darryl has a brother named Larry and another brother named Darryl, his comments and solution to crime sounds like something to laugh at. I know I am laughing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Maybe the "Deputy" Mayor Darryl has a brother named Larry and another brother named Darryl, his comments and solution to crime sounds like something to laugh at. I know I am laughing.
    Must be easier to laugh when you're on the other side of the country from these idiots
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Seattle was pretty cool until the mid '80s when things went bad in CA, they all moved north to Seattle and ruined it--jacking up the prices and bringing their CA attitudes with them.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Washington is a fine place to live and most of it is very pro gun rights save the east side and Seattle. We have the 2 nd highest number of CCW based on population , Florida is #1

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Seattle was pretty cool until the mid '80s when things went bad in CA, they all moved north to Seattle and ruined it--jacking up the prices and bringing their CA attitudes with them.
    Thats what you get for sending your poor liberals and sexual deviants here, liberals with money for politics.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links