Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's - Page 3

Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's

This is a discussion on Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I checked out the Seattle Walden Books a couple of years back. Took a close look at the magazine section. Very small and few sections ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Seattle's Deputy Mayor's advice to CWP's

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I checked out the Seattle Walden Books a couple of years back. Took a close look at the magazine section. Very small and few sections of magazines the leftoids and liberals liked, rack after rack of magazines for people with more conservative tastes.

Better check who is counting the votes in Seattle; I don't think the politicians in office are getting elected.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post

Sounds like from the article this guy doesn't know what the hell he is doing.
    The Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Seattle have some of the most ridiculous ideas (and I'm not just talking about this one). I lived in the Seattle area for about 20 years, a year out across the Sound and then down to Portland. I love Portland but totally despise the "leadership" of our city too. Makes one want to puke. I'm hoping we get someone good this November, but I'm not banking on it. Our Mayor/City Council, in their infinite wisdom, changed the garbage collection to every TWO weeks and upped the recycling and yard waste to every week.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    He sounds like a Chicago refugee. Print a copy of WA state firearm statutes and write "Nuff Said" on it. Send it to him.
    LOL Chicago refugee.
    Some people are clueless, especially politicians

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Print a copy of WA state firearm statutes and write "Nuff Said" on it. Send it to him.
    Can he read, the deputy guy? Apparently he's not able to decipher the Preemption clauses. He certainly can't have missed the prior smackdowns from the WA courts.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    He certainly can't have missed the prior smackdowns from the WA courts.
    The current Seattle administration doesn't seem to care about that. They keep trying to find ways around the preemption statutes. In their minds, they'd be just fine if it weren't for those pesky judges (Scooby Doo reference thrown in there).
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    The current Seattle administration doesn't seem to care about that. They keep trying to find ways around the preemption statutes. In their minds, they'd be just fine if it weren't for those pesky judges (Scooby Doo reference thrown in there).
    Oh, the current Sea administration is quite well aware of the preemption statute, that's why this was worded so carefully (a plea, rather than a demand). It's all about villanizing the act so that the people will reject the act of carrying a firearm. Remember that it is the current administration that got hit by the end of the court battle, and immediately after it was over, they made a statement about how state law should be changed to allow the ban that was overturned.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

So does that mean his deputies leave their weapons home so they do not escalate things, or is this a case of do as I say not as I do, or are we just second-class human beings that do not have the right to protect ourselves.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Oh, the current Sea administration is quite well aware of the preemption statute, that's why this was worded so carefully (a plea, rather than a demand). It's all about villanizing the act so that the people will reject the act of carrying a firearm. Remember that it is the current administration that got hit by the end of the court battle, and immediately after it was over, they made a statement about how state law should be changed to allow the ban that was overturned.
    Yes, I know. That's why I said, they would do anything that they can to skirt the law. But you are right, they want to change the law so they can have their way. And just like any good ANTI-GUN activist, they will villanize the tool over the fool anytime they can.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Well i guess the cops need to stop carrying theirs becouse they kill inocent people like wood carvers, old people defending their home,or people that break into their own home becouse they lost their keys. Cops lose it too.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    Seattle Times: Sunday, September 9, 2012, page B2

in a story headlined, "Public forums to take up gun violence", Seattle Deputy Mayor Darryl Smith is quoted as saying,

"If you know someone with a gun, tell them to leave it at home. If you have a weapon, leave it at home. Maybe in that way the fights don't escalate..."

my answer:

dear Mr. Deputy Mayor: if someone points a gun in my direction, i am darn well going to escalate matters. i fail to see the wisdom in the Bad Guys having guns and the Good Guys not. maybe you think the Bad Guys will leave their guns at home because you asked nicely?

if you believe that unilateral disarmament is such a great idea, then my suggestion is that you have all your police officers leave THEIR guns at home. that way we can be sure that they won't do anything to escalate the fights.

if you want to bring up the extensive training that officers get that i have not gotten, i will point out the number of innocent bystanders that uniformed officers have killed or wounded in just the past few weeks.

i will also mention that my firearms instructor once told my class that she only feels it necessary to wear her bullet-proof vest WHEN SHE'S TRAINING OFFICERS, not when she trains ordinary citizens, because as a group, we are much safer weapon handlers.

finally, based on comparison with a friend who took the firearms qualification test several times when he was an officer, i probably shoot as well or better than 80% of your officers. and in my weekly group of 10-15 club shooters (none of whom were police officers) , i was slightly BELOW the average in shooting skills.

so should i decide to participate in your, "holistic approach" meetings to address, "what the city should do to respond" to escalating gun violence, be certain that i WILL be carrying my gun.

to DC forum members: knowing Seattle and Mayor McGinn's dislike of guns in the hands of ordinary people, i am fairly certain that their, "solutions" will involve trying to restrict the private ownership and carrying of handguns. the Washington State Constitution mentions the "right of the individual citizen" to firearms, and we also have a State preemption law which prohibits local jurisdictions from passing firearms laws more restrictive than the State law. This has not stopped Mayor McGinn, nor his predecessor, Mayor Nickles, from trying to do so anyway. so far, they have failed.
    He wouldn't be saying that if he was sitting in the movie theater in Colorado. 20 people with Glocks and the skills to use them may have saved a lot of lives, rather then an armed gunman shooting at people as if they were sheep.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links