Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

This is a discussion on Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 I have to go with you on this one. Very little truth comes out of PBS now days and anything to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I have to go with you on this one. Very little truth comes out of PBS now days and anything to do with weapons is going to be slanted
    OK, so that you will understand the distribution of this film, I will try and explain it.

There are 270 or so PBS affiliates. These stations can broadcast whatever they choose to. PBS takes (yeah, they don't pay us a dime) programming from guys like us and if it's worthy of their standards, they included it the 4-hour of programming that their affiliates buy every night.

So, we can delivery it personally to the stations and encourage them to air it or we get PBS to take it and put it into their nightly feed. BTW, PBS is under pressure from Congress to be a little more balanced in their programming.

Either way we will get it aired and seen by those that need it the most.
    Pistology likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Welcome, from Long Beach, Los Angeles County, Deadpatriot. I don't have a problem with PBS except that government doesn't have a legitimate purpose in funding mass media. But your grassroots project is impressive, and we need for people to see our side and, as PBS does so well, get viewers to consume actively our message. Thank you for this work that you are doing.
    thanks, Pistology, and everyone else for the encouragement and thoughts...it truly helps!

I put $25 on kick starter yesterday. It looks great. I forwarded the info to every pro gun buddy I have.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Good luck. You are jumping the reservation and are going to see people doing all they can to block you and discredit your work. You may need to move away from California to finish the project.

Note on Black Panthers: From what I recall and what I've read on them, the originals were a street gang that got mixed up with the Marxists (as an ideology that supported robbery and murder of whoever they wanted to victimize). The triggering event that started California on the gun control trail was the Black Panthers entering the State Legislature building, carrying shotguns, not rifles, with the intent to intimidate the legislators.

Again, the original BP's were a criminal street gang.

For further info, refer to David Horowitz, editor of FrontPage Magazine:

FrontPage Magazine |

He said he was involved with them in their early years in at least one of his books and in several of his articles. He also says he was raised a "red diaper baby", or communist, and that was how he came to be involved with them.

My opinion of him? He was a pushy jerk as a communist, and becoming a conservative has done nothing to improve his personality.

Hi Phillep - We well aware of the history of the BP's well; they played a major role in Calif. gun laws in the late 60's, and that is why we are including them in the film.

With 20 hours to go, they are 97% of the way to the funding goal with only 788 pledges. Let's kick in a few bucks each and make this happen. No pledges are charged unless the full funding goal is met.

FYI, I am not connected to this in any way - other than being very pro-2A and wanting to get our side out there for the viewing public.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links