Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

This is a discussion on Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good day, I'm new to your board so I hope you don't mind me introducing myself to you in this way. My partner and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

Good day,

I'm new to your board so I hope you don't mind me introducing myself to you in this way.

My partner and I are Emmy award winning producers from Northern California. Two years ago we started working on a film about street gangs invading rural California. Due to my repeated contact with gang members, it was recommend that I obtain a CCW permit - which I did. The process led to me learn about the backward gun laws of California compared to the rest of the Union. Through research I discovered that there has never been a positive documentary about the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership in America.

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire will be such a film. Supported by the CalGuns Foundation and Second Amendment Foundation, this PTV/PBS documentary will look at how California is the front line in gun control battle. The film will look at the current assault weapon ban proposals in California and Washington, DC, as well as, CCW permitting across the USA.

Here are a few links to learn more about the film:

ASSAULTED by Kris Koenig — Kickstarter (Our Kickstarter funding campaign where you can see the trailer)

Assaulted ? Civil Rights Under Fire (The project website)

http://www.examiner.com/article/docu...rms-under-fire (An article from the Examiner)

Thanks for reading this post.
    mr.stuart, ppkheat and RKflorida like this.

JD
    Administrator
    **Thread moved to 2A Section**

Looks interesting. The link to the examiner article produces a 404 error.

Michael

JD
    Administrator
    As an FYI there's a thread on Calguns verifying this project:

Assaulted Documentary Kickstarter Launched - Calguns.net

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I would be very interested in seeing the final production if aired. Please post it if it happens. It sounds very much like a PBS program.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I too would be very interested in seeing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    I like what I'm reading, please keep us posted on progress. Naturally we'd like to see the finished product.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Sounds wonderful. If it's going to give the 2A, its misapplication/misinterpretation and ramifications a fair airing, I'm all for it. Definitely notify, when it's complete and being presented.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Based on the trailer, this is something I would be very interested in seeing.

Be careful boys, the PBS connection give me a eerie Trojan Horse kinda' feeling. When's the last time you saw anything even marginally pro-2nd Amendment on Public Television? With all due respect, I somehow can't imagine Bill Moyers or Dennis Wholey with a EDC.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Be careful boys, the PBS connection give me a eerie Trojan Horse kinda' feeling. When's the last time you saw anything even marginally pro-2nd Amendment on Public Television?
    Good point. So long as PBS doesn't exert influence or demand control over editing (ie, Exec Producer type control), it might be about as good as we can hope for. Still, I don't imagine an affiliate needs to air the thing if they're died-in-the-wool antis. Depends on the PBS/station contract lingo, I'd imagine.

Hopefully, DeadPatriot's group has thought of all of that, long before going down this road.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Pretty cool. I'm interested. Thanks for your work.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Be careful boys, the PBS connection give me a eerie Trojan Horse kinda' feeling. When's the last time you saw anything even marginally pro-2nd Amendment on Public Television? With all due respect, I somehow can't imagine Bill Moyers or Dennis Wholey with a EDC.
    I have to go with you on this one. Very little truth comes out of PBS now days and anything to do with weapons is going to be slanted

Maybe we should wait as see the outcome before selling it off. Just saying................
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Welcome, from Long Beach, Los Angeles County, Deadpatriot. I don't have a problem with PBS except that government doesn't have a legitimate purpose in funding mass media. But your grassroots project is impressive, and we need for people to see our side and, as PBS does so well, get viewers to consume actively our message. Thank you for this work that you are doing.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links