Outstanding read.

This is a discussion on Outstanding read. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Taking Aim | Liberty Unbound Taking Aim by Dave Kopel | Posted August 30, 2012 What I would like to talk about today is two ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH

Thread: Outstanding read.

VIP Member

Thumbs up Outstanding read.

Taking Aim | Liberty Unbound

Taking Aim

by Dave Kopel | Posted August 30, 2012

What I would like to talk about today is two themes that come together. The first is what is wrong with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the second is what’s wrong with Independence Institute President Jon Caldara.
    Michael Bloomberg has created a faux grassroots organization called “Mayors Against Illegal Guns.” Financially, it is by far the economic center of the gun prohibition movement in this country today. It is very wealthy and employs lots and lots of lobbyists in DC and in state capitals around the country. George Soros put some money in it as well; they’ve got some bucks.

But it’s not exactly what it seems. There are 12 people who got their names off this list of supposedly “Mayors against illegal guns.” These mayors said, “I never signed up for this; you just put my name on this without asking me. Or you told me his group is against illegal guns. Well, there are not too many people for illegal guns, so I signed up. It turns out you’re just against guns in general.”

There are another 19 mayors, actual members of “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” who now have left office because of felony convictions or because they are under indictment or because charges are pending or because they had to resign and the prosecutor was nice and didn’t bring a case. With 19 identified criminals in “Mayors Against Illegal Guns,” Michael Bloomberg’s organization has a much higher crime rate then do people who have permits to carry handguns for their own protection.

In the interest of truth and advertising, the proper way to refer to this group is “Illegal Mayors Against Guns.”

SNIP [A lot more good stuff]

Rock and Glock likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Where's the "Mayors Against Mayors Against Illegal Guns" organization when you need them? I wonder if this piece will make the NY Times.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links