Gun Control Advocates Can Seem Reasonable - Page 4

Gun Control Advocates Can Seem Reasonable

This is a discussion on Gun Control Advocates Can Seem Reasonable within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OD* They are constantly asking gun owners to be reasonable, to compromise, but they NEVER give anything up. What do they compromise, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Gun Control Advocates Can Seem Reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    They are constantly asking gun owners to be reasonable, to compromise, but they NEVER give anything up. What do they compromise, allowing us to keep weapons, which is already a guaranteed right?
    I wonder what we would have to trade to get rid of the Hughes act?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I would like to think that some gun regulations can be reasonable.

Such as preventing felons convicted of violent crimes from owning guns.

I also believe in permits for handguns, background checks for all firearms sales, and limiting handgun purchases to one per month.

However, I do not support registration of any firearms, limits on how many guns you can own, limits on ammo posession.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    I would like to think that some gun regulations can be reasonable.

Such as preventing felons convicted of violent crimes from owning guns.

I also believe in permits for handguns, background checks for all firearms sales, and limiting handgun purchases to one per month.

However, I do not support registration of any firearms, limits on how many guns you can own, limits on ammo posession.

With all due respect, please keep that sentiment up there -- save maybe "felons convicted of violent crimes."

I would hope to see all permit requirements removed. Come on Constitutional Carry -- nationwide.

As to background checks on private sales, IMHO, that too easily morphs into a restriction on all private transfers -- gifts, inheritances, loans, etc.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Franklin, Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, lunatics, and drug addicts is about the only thing that we and the Anti's agree on. Apart from that, the words "reasonable" and "Gun control advocates" have no business even being in the same sentence. It was their idea for the NICS system and the 4473, even after Aurora, that's still not enough for them and they never will be satisfied until the whole country looks like Chicago(And we all know how well that's working out). The example of the call to ban Hi-cap mags is just one instance of how we give them an inch and they take a mile. Even if anyone in Washington was listening, as the author of the article pointed out, their would be ZERO chance of anything happening on the legislative because the NRA has made tant-a-mount to suicide for any politician to vote that way. Even if Obama is re-elected, which isnt looking good for him right now, he wont have the capital make a push like that. In summary, let the anti's think what they want and let them think someone's listening. NRA wont let it happen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links