Chicago looks to Twitter for suggestions on how to get illegal guns off the streets. - Page 2

Chicago looks to Twitter for suggestions on how to get illegal guns off the streets.

This is a discussion on Chicago looks to Twitter for suggestions on how to get illegal guns off the streets. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't have a twitter account and don't plan on making one. Any chance anyone who does would be willing to put some of the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Chicago looks to Twitter for suggestions on how to get illegal guns off the streets.

I don't have a twitter account and don't plan on making one. Any chance anyone who does would be willing to put some of the "tweets" on here.... I would love to hear some of them... Any good pro 2-A ones specifically....

As mentioned already.... I'm sure they will use the only tweets they choose in up coming adds saying these are what the people think. Of course ignoring any valid pro- 2-A comments....

It would be cool if they get flooded with pro 2-A comments regardless though...

The trick to getting the guns off the street is to allow LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to have access to their own guns. How do they not understand this?

And I didn't even have to ask Twitter.
    mprp and The Old Anglo like this.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    The trick to getting the guns off the street is to allow LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to have access to their own guns. How do they not understand this?

And I didn't even have to ask Twitter.
    Agree getting the guns out of the hands of people who should not have them is key. Second to help with funds for the police department, they should then sell those illegal guns back to the local population at a discount after doing the background check.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawah View Post
    I don't have a twitter account and don't plan on making one. Any chance anyone who does would be willing to put some of the "tweets" on here.... I would love to hear some of them... Any good pro 2-A ones specifically....

As mentioned already.... I'm sure they will use the only tweets they choose in up coming adds saying these are what the people think. Of course ignoring any valid pro- 2-A comments....

It would be cool if they get flooded with pro 2-A comments regardless though...
    Skyler ‏@skyflame1
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety. #WhatIfChicago

Give me a dollar @give_me_adollar
    #whatifchicago-allow responsible citizens to defend themselves against the violent criminals. That will literally reduce the criminals!

CharlieVidal ‏@CharlieVidal
    What if we let some people who aren't criminals have guns #whatifchicago

Owl Jones ‏@owljones
    #whatifChicago had concealed carry laws like Georgia and criminals had to think twice before mugging people?

Joe ‏@joe_bacon2010
    #whatifchicago made more effort to get people guns LEGALLY then the bad guys wouldn't be the only ones packin'

Mark Levin ‏@MarksParadise
    #WhatIfChicago focused on the youth, education, social structure? Dont look at guns as the problem, look at WHY folks use it as a solution

Daniel Pehrson ‏@dpehrson
    #WhatIfChicago spent as much money fixing their broken school system as they do defending unconstitutional gun control laws.

Janice Brown ‏@einerdrake
    Let more DECENT people easily own guns...criminals get scared as balance of power has shifted. #whatifchicago

FOX Chicago News ‏@foxchicago
    Talker: 400 murders in Chicago this year. The city started #WhatIfChicago to solicit ideas to end violence. Is it a good idea? Will it work?

Ginger ‏@GingerSnaps773
    #WhatifChicago gang members banded together & started terrorizing upper class neighborhoods? I bet they would figure out a solution then...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Agree getting the guns out of the hands of people who should not have them is key. Second to help with funds for the police department, they should then sell those illegal guns back to the local population at a discount after doing the background check.

^^^^^^Why, they should ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Call Detroit..

They have solved the problem, by having a gun buyback program a couple times a year, and one year, they even gave out sneakers for a gun.
    Working or non-working, no questions asked.

Now all the little darlings attend church regularly with their parents,and volunteer with community outreach programs during the week.

Now all of the crime and drugs and gun activity in the city of Detroit comes from the hoodlums who invade from the suburbs, to rob and pilliage the good citizens of Detroit.

Well, thats according to the folks who live in the city of Detroit anyways.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

the most precious ideas are intangibles like "encourage more positive music" and "give ex-cons something else to do".

quadruple the police force and prison system. profile. allow responsible people to arm themselves.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Doesn't matter. Illegal guns will never come off the street. All they can hope for is to reduce the number of them, which wont happen either.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    you can post on either twitter or facebook... I put in my $.02 pro 2nd ammendment we should all do the same
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Doesn't Detroit now have the most cases of justified SD shootings? There seemed to be an awful lot of stories coming out of Detroit last year about citizens protecting themselves.

A good start to dealing with the problem. End the circle of violence by killing the violent criminals perpetuating the circle.

Although, if the few episodes of Hardcore Pawn I've seen are any indication, there is an awful lot of stupid left in Detroit. Not that stupid equates to violence, but I can't help wondering if there is any correlation between the two factors. Most criminals are pretty stupid after all. Whether it be natural stupidity, or drug/alcohol induced stupidity it still shows up. I've worked with some people who were former criminals, and some who went on to be criminals. Lack of thought was a common issue for them.

Don't think that those with substance abuse issues should get a free pass either. When impaired, you are still responsible for your actions. I will admit that after some time of being sober/clean can cause people to be completely different. I've seen enough of that firsthand. I can't believe how many people survive being stupid while drunk each year.
    oneshot and The Old Anglo like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links