Pressuring the Candidates to Talk About Gun Violence

This is a discussion on Pressuring the Candidates to Talk About Gun Violence within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A survivor of the Aurora shootings has made an ad for the Brady Bunch and Bloomberg. Colo attack victim wants debates to address guns - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pressuring the Candidates to Talk About Gun Violence

VIP Member

Pressuring the Candidates to Talk About Gun Violence

A survivor of the Aurora shootings has made an ad for the Brady Bunch and Bloomberg.
    Colo attack victim wants debates to address guns - Yahoo! News
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I don't really think folks care too much for the gun issues this election cycle. Or at least not enough to make any real difference. Just like Benghazzi gate....folks don't care about that right now. Clinton, whether you liked him or not said it correct:

"It's the economy, stupid"
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't really think folks care too much for the gun issues this election cycle. Or at least not enough to make any real difference. Just like Benghazzi gate....folks don't care about that right now. Clinton, whether you liked him or not said it correct:

"It's the economy, stupid"
    We will know soon enough. With gun sales at record highs, at least one portion of the economy is thriving.
    Tuco

Why can't folks understand that the issue isn't "Gun Violence", it's just "violence". Violence was a problem wayyyy before guns were invented. What guns did was to simply leverage arm power into a few ft./lbs. of finger power so that the weak were no longer at the complete mercy of the strong.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The economy is going to be one of the biggest issues, if not the biggest issue this cycle. "Gun violence" is going to be further down the list of priorities for most people.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Does anyone else find it ironic that the Mayors Against Illegal Guns are going after legal guns in this ad rather than focusing on their namesake?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

When has that group ever actually gone after illegal guns? I've never seen them do what the name implies.

This will be a non-issue in the short run. Too many people saw what happened there, and came to realize that being armed was the better solution than being disarmed. Gun support has really turned around to be a well supported cause again.

That's why the new thing is "common sense" measures by the anti-2A groups.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't think candidates want to discuss guns issues as it's too hot a topic.
    mprp likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Right up until the next restriction goes into effect.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    It really doesn't matter if they are asked the question or not. They will give the answer they think the audience wants to hear, then do whatever they feel like doing.
    Caertaker likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Here's the answer one or the other ought to give... a quote from JFK...

Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

President John F. Kennedy, 1961
    Citizens... not military... not police... ordinary folks... every liberal in Chicago... Every Democrat in NYC.... Not only prepared to take up arms, but to regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life.

I guarantee you, properly presented, the candidate that would do this when asked for his plan to stop gun violence would win the gun vote, the liberal vote... the conservative vote... at least on that issue... It's the perfect storm... of quoting a revered liberal leader, stating that guns are necessary to protect our freedoms, and patriotic... that is a winner right there
    mprp, kerberos, GunGeezer and 1 others like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    In California, legislation was just signed into law banning the open carry of long guns. In an election year, just prior to the key election. Anything IS possible, when legislators believe they have nothing to lose.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I kind of wish the subject would come up....

Splendid idea: Lehrer lobbied to ask gun control questions

Splendid idea: Lehrer lobbied to ask gun control questions - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

There just might be some unintended consequences, provided Romney's got game....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post

Splendid idea: Lehrer lobbied to ask gun control questions - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

There just might be some unintended consequences, provided Romney's got game....
    Fast and Furious, Holder, assault bans, Illinois and DC, reciprocity, the Second Amendment, mag limits, the list of things I would love to hear them discuss before the election goes on and on. Other things, too, of course.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post

You're dreamin' Dave...Nobody's "got game" they'd have to ask permission first...

I would like to see one come up with a descent answer on their own... in fact, I provided both campaigns with what I consider to be the best possible answer, after learning of it today.... God Bless JFK.

Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

President John F. Kennedy, 1961
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links