NRA endorses Romney - Page 3

NRA endorses Romney

This is a discussion on NRA endorses Romney within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is who they should have endorsed, back when that endorsement might have meant something, and why: Paul on Gun Control...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: NRA endorses Romney

VIP Member
    Here is who they should have endorsed, back when that endorsement might have meant something, and why:
    Paul on Gun Control
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No endorsement should have been made by them.
    Hoppy, We can assume from your statement that you agree that the Unions, PTA, Teacher's Associations, Firefight's associations, LEO associations, and the likes AARP, etc. should not endorse any candidate? Nor should they represent their members as it comes to the issues that impact them!

Very Insightful!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Hoppy, We can assume from your statement that you agree that the Unions, PTA, Teacher's Associations, Firefight's associations, LEO associations, and the likes AARP, etc. should not endorse any candidate? Nor should they represent their members as it comes to the issues that impact them!

Very Insightful!
    Sorry, the precise problem with this particular endorsement by the NRA is that they (NRA) have attempted to
    lead the gullible gun owners to believe someone (R) is on their side when that person clearly is not, and there is a long
    record proving that they are not.

As for the rest of your comments, I don't see AARP advocating about foreign policy. I don't see PTAs advocating or opposing
    "death taxes."

Again, NRA needs to stick to the issues that are relevant to gun owners. The partisan advocacy and smorgasbord
    of non-gun issues agitated over harm the very cause of gun owner rights.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in this country who need to be told who to vote for. Many look to groups like the NRA to tell them who best fits the preferences of the single-issue voters, and such groups are compelled to pick the best of the available options. I don't believe the NRA thinks they can sit this one out, though that might be the best thing to do this time around.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in this country who need to be told who to vote for. Many look to groups like the NRA to tell them who best fits the preferences of the single-issue voters, and such groups are compelled to pick the best of the available options. I don't believe the NRA thinks they can sit this one out, though that might be the best thing to do this time around.
    Tha is the saddest and truest statement I have heard since I woke up. Folks have no brains any more and critical thinking has been tossed out the window. Agree with gun control-listen to the Brady Buch because we KNOW what they is 100 percent correct. Think that the 2A should stand as is and make no more laws and loosen up the ones we have-listen to the NRA and GOA because we KNOW what they say is true 100 percent of them time. No NRA bashing here, you can put in any organization on any side of an issue.

Folks need to start thinking for themselves then maybe, just maybe, there is hope for our kids. But when people blindly follow an organization or political party we are all doomed.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

No surprises here. NRA is very powerful and will send a lot of money Romney's way.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    No surprises here.
    How very true.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links