NRA endorses Romney

NRA endorses Romney

This is a discussion on NRA endorses Romney within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA endorses Romney; California agency name change angers sportsmen After soundly trouncing Barack Obama in Wednesday night’s debate, Mitt Romney added even more momentum to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: NRA endorses Romney

NRA endorses Romney

NRA endorses Romney; California agency name change angers sportsmen

After soundly trouncing Barack Obama in Wednesday night’s debate, Mitt Romney added even more momentum to his campaign Thursday when the National Rifle Association officially endorsed him.

NRA-PVF endorses Romney; California agency change angers sportsmen - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

VIP Member
    No surprise there. It's not like they were going to throw support behind Obama.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Why would NRA endorse him? "He backed two gun-control measures that were strongly opposed by the National Rifle Association: the Brady Law, which imposed a five-day waiting period on gun sales, and a ban on certain assault weapons, saying, "I think they will help."

Mitt Romney on Gun Control

"2002: I will not chip away at MA's tough gun laws" ibid

Romney--- 2002: "My positions won't make me the hero of the NRA"

Romney-- " I would have signed the assault weapon ban that came to his desk. I said I would have supported that and signed a similar bill in our state." Source: 2008 GOP debate in Boca Raton Florida , Jan 24, 2008

There are bunches of these little gems floating around the net.

I'm not posting these to belittle his campaign. I'm just perplexed by the NRA's endorsement. It makes no sense to me.

A more sensible position for that organization would be to endorse neither.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Lesser of two evils rule... That's how they can endorse Romney...

Hmmmm... That "bought" him some votes... Payback ought to be good for us... Mebbe? We'll see.
    jem102 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    This is news? I have been getting "help beat Obama" solicitations at least once a week from the NRA campaign for months.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Obama is the best guns and ammo salesman ever.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

Hmmmm... That "bought" him some votes... Payback ought to be good for us... Mebbe? We'll see.
    Are they sure they know who is the lesser of the two "evils" in this matter? Again, a more sensible NRA position would be to endorse no one.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Obama has been very good for business for the entire gun industry since well before he ever got elected.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Are they sure they know who is the lesser of the two "evils" in this matter? Again, a more sensible NRA position would be to endorse no one.
    - One just has to look at the gun laws in Romney's home state to see how much a 2A advocate he is. Approved gun lists, 1 year out of state permits (with applications in person), etc.
    daveb413 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Such is life in the good ol' USA these days

There's no such thing as "Payback" from politicians to voters...unless it's the "payback is a beotch" variety.

...who, me cynical?...nah....
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    Certain gun sales will continue to grow under new leadership ( military).

NMB
    Only one candidate has ever signed a pro-2a law, and it wasnt Romney.

(National Parks Carry)
    Hopyard likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    That is correct. Romney, being just a citizen, could not have signed onto a Federal law even if he wanted to. No news there..

That National Parks Carry law was passed by the Bush Administration. Obama held it up for over a year, for "administrative oversight" because they wanted to make sure that it didn't have any "flaws" in the way that it was passed. After the required time period was up, he had no choice but to sign it. So... its not like he did something great there. On the contrary, he pitched a fit and moaned about it for the full year.

Get your facts straight man.
    Echo_Four likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post

(National Parks Carry)
    I think Obama and Romney are equally bad when it comes to gun rights. Romney has a worse record but if Obama gets another term he will have the possibility to appoint 2-3 new Supreme Court Justices. Just imagine what kind of liberal goons he will appoint.

Let's not kid ourselves about the National Parks law. The ONLY reason Obummer signed that was because the republicans attached it to a bunch of garbage Obama wanted to pass. He would have never signed it individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    While I agree 100%, when there are only 2 horses in a race, and you just gotta lay some money down because the folks you are beholden to, and who have given you their money to "wager"... You gotta try to pick one winner...

I wonder if NRA endorsed a third party candidate, what would happen? What if they were joined by AARP?

THAT could make for a very interesting election, to be completely mucked up by the electoral college!

But, it might force a future with the popular vote taking precedence...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links