Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo!

This is a discussion on Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 And be sure to make the tax high enough that the retailers will want to relocate to other jurisdictions and erode ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    And be sure to make the tax high enough that the retailers will want to relocate to other jurisdictions and erode Cooke County's tax base even further! Brilliant!

Who votes for these idiots?
    The dead predominently vote democrat dont you know?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

2. Remove Ads

Just hide and watch.... Mayor Blumberg will be posing that in New York next!

As a matter of fact, I'm surprised he didn't come up with that lame idea first.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The pure, undiluted stupidity of the people of that city just leaves me speechless. There is nothing in that city which would make me want to visit....let alone live there.

Some how crawling into a corner of my home and praying that I live safely through the night is not living....it is existing at the grace of criminals....including the politicians.
    HotGuns, Brass63 and RichB70 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Moderator
    In Chigago, the politicians and the crooks seem to have a lot in common.

Thus, it is sheer insanity to expect anything less than thievery, whether it be through a tax or a law that places the burden of piss poor leadership on the people.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

HG, that could be a good sig line.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    They are aware that people can just buy ammo online, arent they?
    They're working on 'fixing' that thanks to the guy in Aurora, remember?

I guess I'm on a list now too because I bought all 1000 of the cheap Federal .45 ACP at Wally World the other day.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    They should institute a permit sytem for violence. Your permit would cost more based on the amount of violence you committed the previous year. The permit fees would be progressive and the more violence you commit, the higher your fees. If you commit violence without a permit, you would go to jail and pay penalties and interest on the unpaid fees. Then we could create a whole new bureaucracy to adminster it.

Naaw. That wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    They should institute a permit sytem for violence. Your permit would cost more based on the amount of violence you committed the previous year. The permit fees would be progressive and the more violence you commit, the higher your fees.
    We've got that, essentially, with the penal system. Only, it's not hardly harsh enough or sure enough, and in many states there aren't effective ways to deal with repeat violent offenders.

IMO, it should be pay-as-you-go, progressive "fees": death for deadly-violent crimes; death for multiple/repeat instances of seriously-violent crimes; progressively lower penalties and reparations for less-violent and -impactful crimes. Though, as of today, few states have the willingness to deal so simply with the worst of the worst. And so, it's left to us, the citizens, to deal.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I was thinking maybe they should just break off Chicago and let it sink into Lake Michigan. Then I thought that I don't want that trash floating up into my home town. I don't want the pollution to spread to my home state where it is legal to own guns. I don't want to diseases from the polluted water to contaminate Michigan.

VIP Member
    If they put a tax on corrupt, stupid politicians, they'd solve their budget problems and have a massive surplus of money.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I am in favor of a Cook County Board Member STUPID MORON TAX
    Every time a Cook County board member goes public with a completely dumb hair-brained idea they have to pay $1,000 into the County Coffers.
    Such a tax alone wouldn’t close a $115 million budget gap in 2013, but it could at least funnel money into the county’s $3 billion operation — .............................
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

More sales tax revenue Illinois will lose. Wisconsin and Indiana are close enough to garner any Chicago ammo shoppers.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Administrator
    NEWS FLASH!!!
    Cook County Board President Preckwinkle has just been replaced by an amazingly brilliant completely "out of the box" thinker from Santa Cruz CA.
    According to the Chicago Sun Times she should be able to solve all of their economic woes.

You must listen to some of her past ideas that have proved so valuable to CA.

I am certain that "given half a chance" she could solve the violence problem in Chicago.

That's the Bay Area difference-makers for ya. She has a point though, fruits and vegetables are food and people do grow them.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

They should tax the sale of illegal narcotics. It would be more effective and also more lucrative.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links