Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo! - Page 4

Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo!

This is a discussion on Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I see the problem... Chicago's firewall is misconfigured... It's blocking intelligence!...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Chicago Considers "Violence Tax" on Guns and Ammo!

Distinguished Member
    I see the problem... Chicago's firewall is misconfigured... It's blocking intelligence!
    Crowman likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Who votes for these idiots?
    Look around you obviously the vast majority of folks you see. Most Americans voted in Illinois politics to take over the White House to prove they are not bigots. Which by the way proved the opposite, voting for a candidate because of their race makes you a bigot by definition. Lets hope they learned and vote to prove they are not idiots this time.
    sdprof likes this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Here's your sign!!!
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Yo Alderman I voted fer you,"Stick em UP" gimme all your stuff! "Young Man did you pay taxes on that gun?
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Cook County mulling violence tax on guns and ammunition

Yeah, that'll reduce crime in that cesspool. Let's tax guns and ammo out of existence.
    They had a similar bill on the state level to tax ammo. I wonder what happened to that!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    NEWS FLASH!!!
    Cook County Board President Preckwinkle has just been replaced by an amazingly brilliant completely "out of the box" thinker from Santa Cruz CA.
    According to the Chicago Sun Times she should be able to solve all of their economic woes.

You must listen to some of her past ideas that have proved so valuable to CA.

I am certain that "given half a chance" she could solve the violence problem in Chicago.
    Who is this moron?
    TX expat likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Chicago is thumbing their nose at the SCOTUS once again; they were forced to allow gun shops and ranges with in city limits. This is their response. If this passes; who would open a gun shop or range?

It has become far too easy for our civil rights to be violated while remaining very difficult to get our challenges heard in court and ruled on. After all for our cases to be heard or challenged, we must be arrested first!

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    It has become far too easy for our civil rights to be violated while remaining very difficult to get our challenges heard in court and ruled on. After all for our cases to be heard or challenged, we must be arrested first!
    Seems to me that the mere fact charges, fines and arrest potential exist, it's being held over the head of each citizen already. To my way of thinking, that's standing enough. And in the case of a life-or-death type Constitutional limitation such as the 2A, one would think added risk to live which the People are already bearing should be held, by any standard, as standing enough. IANAL, but it burns me that must come to the attention of the courts (via arrest/charges) prior to it being acknowledged harm's existing and being borne.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

As has been known since ancient times, the power to tax is the power to destroy.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Who is this moron?
    Favorite quote: "We have fruit trees and vegetable trees. That's where fruit and vegetable comes from."
    ericb327 likes this.

Cook County ‘gun tax’ idea has Bellevue’s CCRKBA fuming

When a Cook County, Ill., politician started making noises yesterday about imposing a tax on firearms and ammunition to help close a $115 million budget gap, the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms went ballistic.

Cook County

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Cook County ‘gun tax’ idea has Bellevue’s CCRKBA fuming

When a Cook County, Ill., politician started making noises yesterday about imposing a tax on firearms and ammunition to help close a $115 million budget gap, the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms went ballistic.

Cook County
    Ahh, the good old, "Hey, let's make up a bad idea and call it a tax on the law abiding folk to fill the budget gap due to our $115 million in misappropriations."

Soooo they are hoping to sell a lot of guns I hope? $115 million is quite a gap.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Ahh, the good old, "Hey, let's make up a bad idea and call it a tax on the law abiding folk to fill the budget gap due to our $115 million in misappropriations."

Soooo they are hoping to sell a lot of guns I hope? $115 million is quite a gap.
    No, this is a clear response to SCOTUS making them allow gun ranges in Chicago. JMHO.

5 cent a bullet tax

Another way to take your rights tax them away. Chicago put it in effect 5 cents per-bullet tax and you can bet it going up.
    Thread will get shut down I bet . Posting the truth about what they pull seems to get threads shut down quit.
    But she announced it today
    Official proposes tax of 5 cents a bullet in effort to curb heightened Chicago homicide rate - The Washington Post

Um at this point it has only been proposed. I agree it's totally stupid, a form of gun control, and will have no affect on crime but it hasn't actually passed... yet.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links