NYC gun-laws go too far!!

This is a discussion on NYC gun-laws go too far!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The funny thing is, many Liberals find my ideas on gun control to me too leniant. :) Progressives think I'm a gun-lover.....Conservatives think Im a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: NYC gun-laws go too far!!

The funny thing is, many Liberals find my ideas on gun control to me too leniant. :)

Progressives think I'm a gun-lover.....Conservatives think Im a gun-grabber.

Guess I'm doing something damn right.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, guys, what a welcoming bunch! Pythius, I can completely understand being on the fence when it comes to laws and regulation. I've done a lot of soul-searching since before even getting my CWL, and DC has helped a lot with my comprehension of how the system works. You just have to take everything with a grain of salt, make sure info is coming from a reliable source, and stew on it for a while. As respectfully as possible, I'd suggest sitting back and kibitzing for a while. I learn a lot more by reading than I do by participating, if for no other reason than I'm not worried about how to respond and emotions don't get in the way.
    svgheartland likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    The funny thing is, many Liberals find my ideas on gun control to me too leniant. :)

And some probably think you are simply yanking chain. It just goes to prove that no matter where you go, there you are.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Wow, guys, what a welcoming bunch! Pythius, I can completely understand being on the fence when it comes to laws and regulation. I've done a lot of soul-searching since before even getting my CWL, and DC has helped a lot with my comprehension of how the system works. You just have to take everything with a grain of salt, make sure info is coming from a reliable source, and stew on it for a while. As respectfully as possible, I'd suggest sitting back and kibitzing for a while. I learn a lot more by reading than I do by participating, if for no other reason than I'm not worried about how to respond and emotions don't get in the way.
    my goal is to try to find some middle-ground between the gun-grabbers and those who want no regulations for guns.

I know there is middle-ground, I discuss it all the time with gun owners at work and other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And some probably think you are simply yanking chain. It just goes to prove that no matter where you go, there you are.
    naa...more like too many folks see things through a bi-polar perspective, no shades of grey...with blinders on.

my way or the highway, love it or leave it.....that kinda thinking.

me? I love grey. Grey is awesome. :)

You're doing something right, but you're definitely wrong in other respects. Just a little collectivism, or go all in like your "progressive" friends would like. It would be better if you simply reject the entire foolish, abstract concept of "group rights" and fully embrace individual rights. Until you do so, your arguments will be contradictory and illogical. If you want to go the other way, to full collectivism, you might as well go ahead and sell all your weapons off now, along with abandoning pretty much all your other freedoms. You either get to do what you like, short of harming others, or your so-called rights are simply privileges "granted" by the State. Which path sounds more appealing to you?

naa...more like too many folks see things through a bi-polar perspective, no shades of grey...with blinders on.

shall not be infringed is not Grey.... You telling me what I ought not be able to do is not Grey... What I'd love to say to you right now... Well that definitely isn't Grey.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Ok I can't stay home on this one. There is no grey on the Rights of a natural born citizen. None. Is that not clear? No politics, no coffee conversations, no nothing. It's binary, binding and not subject to debate.
    Doodle and pfries like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member

Chain-metal gray.
    Doodle likes this.
    Tuco

Senior Moderator
    I know there is middle-ground, I discuss it all the time with gun owners at work and other places

You probably discuss it with like minded people in NYC and therein lies the rub. NYC may as well be its own country, since they do as they please anyway. I mean, lets face it, they don't even recognize the gun laws of their own state. It's the only city in the nation that ignores the concealed handgun provisions that was passed by their own legislature. Thats no different than saying your NY state drivers liscence does not apply in NYC.

About the "middle ground". Many of us believe that when it comes to rights, there is no "middle ground",thus, we are not willing to compromise.

And really...compromise for what? So that more useless restrictions that are totally ineffective can be placed on us as gun owners? You see, when a gun owner compromises he has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

But I'm betting that you already know that deep down inside.
    Darrow75, peckman28 and msgt/ret like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    shall not be infringed is not Grey.....
    no, but "keep and bear arms", does have shades of grey.

Our Supreme Court, in Heller and McDonald, upheld common-sense gun regulations, such as preventing convicted felons from owning firearms and restricting firearm possession in sensitive areas like schools, hospitals, courtrooms, etc.

No, it doesn't keep and bear is rather straightforward, as is "shall not be infringed".
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Ok I can't stay home on this one. There is no grey on the Rights of a natural born citizen. None. Is that not clear? No politics, no coffee conversations, no nothing. It's binary, binding and not subject to debate.
    well, you see..that's not exactly correct.

Our Constitution allows the rights of ALL citizens, be they natural-born or naturalized, to be stricken...as long as they have Due Process.

I love grey. Grey is awesome. :)
    The only place Grey is good is Tax Law. THEN it is awesome. My clients pay me to find grey.

VIP Member

Our Supreme Court, in Heller and McDonald, upheld common-sense gun regulations, such as preventing convicted felons from owning firearms and restricting firearm possession in sensitive areas like schools, hospitals, courtrooms, etc.
    One person's common-sense gun regulation is another's criminal protection zone.
    nedrgr21 likes this.
    Tuco

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links