NYC gun-laws go too far!! - Page 3

NYC gun-laws go too far!!

This is a discussion on NYC gun-laws go too far!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by buckeye .45 No, it doesn't keep and bear is rather straightforward, as is "shall not be infringed". with all due respect, I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: NYC gun-laws go too far!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    No, it doesn't keep and bear is rather straightforward, as is "shall not be infringed".
    with all due respect, I humbly disagree.

there is nothing wrong with banning guns from kindergarten classes, courtrooms, and emergency rooms.

...even though this violates a Literalist and Purist interpretation of the "Keep & Bear Arms " clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

there is nothing wrong with banning guns from kindergarten classes, courtrooms, and emergency rooms.

...even though this violates a Literalist and Purist interpretation of the "Keep & Bear Arms " clause.
    And go ahead, and cite me the section of Heller or McDonald which mentions those three particular places.

Because criminals never go to the ER right? And they certainly never go to courtrooms.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    And go ahead, and cite me the section of Heller or McDonald which mentions those three particular places.

Because criminals never go to the ER right? And they certainly never go to courtrooms.
    (2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VIP Member

Disagree all you like. Criminal Protection Zones are just that, regardless of how much lipstick you try to put on them.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

no, but "keep and bear arms", does have shades of grey.

Our Supreme Court, in Heller and McDonald, upheld common-sense gun regulations, such as preventing convicted felons from owning firearms and restricting firearm possession in sensitive areas like schools, hospitals, courtrooms, etc.
    I'm trying my darnedest to keep the gloves on here... But it blows me away that you would dare use the words common sense gun regulations.

Anti's use the words common sense when they argue against our rights and want to portray us as extremists.

I am not willing to give up any more of my rights... That is common sense.

I don't care for someone calling themselves a gun owner when they bought themselves a cute little 22 and blather along and troll on an obviously pro 2a forum... More common sense for you.

Keep talking... You've already been invited to seek further conversation elsewhere by forum members and staff<---impressive by the way.
    The more you talk the closer we are to getting our wish.
    svgheartland and msgt/ret like this.

no, but "keep and bear arms", does have shades of grey.

Our Supreme Court, in Heller and McDonald, upheld common-sense gun regulations, such as preventing convicted felons from owning firearms and restricting firearm possession in sensitive areas like schools, hospitals, courtrooms, etc.
    The plain text of the Constitution is written in plain English. I don't care what the Supreme Court says, I care what the actual Constitution says. There are NO shades of grey. Read The Federalist Papers, and the Constitution, and try to say some nonsense like that with a straight face again.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    The plain text of the Constitution is written in plain English. I don't care what the Supreme Court says, I care what the actual Constitution says. There are NO shades of grey. Read The Federalist Papers, and the Constitution, and try to say some nonsense like that with a straight face again.
    I care what the Supreme Court says.

Pythius,

First of all, welcome from FL!
    If you haven't done so, head over to the new member intro area and tell us about yourself.

Second, you probably won't find much support for a watered down version of the 2A here.
    A lot of us believe that the problem is not guns, but evil people.
    So, make all the gun laws NY or NYC wants to make - it won't change the evil inside people.

Anyway, hang in with us. You won't change our minds.
    But, we might bring you over to the dark side. ;-)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I care what the Supreme Court says.
    You need to pay much more attention to what the actual Constitution says. You've shown very little regard for that in your posts on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Pythius,

If you haven't done so, head over to the new member intro area and tell us about yourself.

Second, you probably won't find much support for a watered down version of the 2A here.
    So, make all the gun laws NY or NYC wants to make - it won't change the evil inside people.

the fact that I actually own a gun, have a closet with lots o' bullets, and have done some other things that I will not discuss, shows that I have already started my turn. ;)

Distinguished Member
    We'd better stop now. I think it's time for David Letterman.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

well, you see..that's not exactly correct.

Our Constitution allows the rights of ALL citizens, be they natural-born or naturalized, to be stricken...as long as they have Due Process.
    Here's your wake up call.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350097460.848597.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    You need to pay much more attention to what the actual Constitution says. You've shown very little regard for that in your posts on this thread.
    I have the USC sitting right beside me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Pythius,

New gun owner from NYC
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I have the USC sitting right beside me.
    You do NOT have the plain text of the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, sitting beside you. If you respect the rule of law, you'd better start quoting that, and not the Supreme Court or the United States Code, whose authority is supposed to be derived from the Constitution, not the other way around. Your "prohibited zones", background checks, magazine limits, and on and on.....none of this is authorized in the Constitution. Between the 2A, 9A, 10A, and 14A, it is in fact prohibited. Read the Constitution and tell me where gun free zones, permits, and magazine capacity limits are authorized. In fact, go one further and tell me where machine guns can be banned. I suspect you will be unable to find it.
    svgheartland likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links