NYC gun-laws go too far!!

This is a discussion on NYC gun-laws go too far!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...owner-nyc.html gotta love first impressions....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: NYC gun-laws go too far!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    gotta love first impressions.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    well, you see..that's not exactly correct.

Our Constitution allows the rights of ALL citizens, be they natural-born or naturalized, to be stricken...as long as they have Due Process.
    And that's the problem with the vast majority of gun control laws (any which don't specifically apply only to convicted felons), they strike down a right of all citizens with no due process wrt to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    with all due respect, I humbly disagree.

there is nothing wrong with banning guns from kindergarten classes, courtrooms, and emergency rooms.

...even though this violates a Literalist and Purist interpretation of the "Keep & Bear Arms " clause.
    I live in Vermont and they don't enforce the 1000 foot (yard?) rule around schools as it has been proven un-constitutional.
    There is also NO PERMIT required to carry a gun, openly OR concealed.
    There is also no law banning my gun from any hospital emergency room.... Sorry.
    New York is a communist state that deprives its citizens of the right to defend themselves and you only have you to blame.
    Vote! Remove those tools who are running things as they want like Chuckie Schumer, the gun grabbing retard who doesn't give a crap about you or your RIGHTS.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You probably discuss it with like minded people in NYC and therein lies the rub. ... About the "middle ground". Many of us believe that when it comes to rights, there is no "middle ground",thus, we are not willing to compromise.
    And really...compromise for what? So that more useless restrictions that are totally ineffective can be placed on us as gun owners? You see, when a gun owner compromises he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. ...
    Yup, and if they're like me, they walk away after hearing repeated drivel with no comprehension of basic issues.

Senior Moderator
    Well, this thread went down hill pretty fast.. I think we've said all that can safely be said without people starting to cross forum rules soooo... with that... good night.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links