Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban - Page 3

Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban

This is a discussion on Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, one of them realizes that AK-47s aren't what gangers are using (in the US). The other thinks that automatically weapons are illegal (and apparently ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban

So, one of them realizes that AK-47s aren't what gangers are using (in the US). The other thinks that automatically weapons are illegal (and apparently for good reason). Is that the synopsis?
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

What we really need to be concerned about is Obama getting the chance to nominate two more Supreme Court justices. That is where the real damage to gun rights will occur.
    phreddy, whoppo, msgt/ret and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    What we really need to be concerned about is Obama getting the chance to nominate two more Supreme Court justices. That is where the real damage to gun rights will occur.
    Yup.

That, and the Senate races.

Other than the end-around executive privilege (order) crap, those two issues are by far the larger long-term impacts.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Absolutely. Not to mention four more years of Federal judicial lifetime appointments.
    phreddy likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Here's how I see that topic.

If Obama is reelected to his second term, it will be a lame duck session in which he is free to work on any agenda he may have openly without having to worry about getting elected again. It's anyone's guess as to what he intends to do regarding guns. But my opinion, it isn't good.

If Romney is elected (regardless of what his "personal beliefs" may be on that particular issue), he is going to be too busy trying to fix the economy, get people back to work, stop the hemorrhage, and get us out of this recession we are still in.

Gun legislation is going to be the furthest thing from his mind. I also believe that the Congress, the republican party, the gun lobby, and people he represents (the American people) will keep him in check and make sure he doesn't even consider enacting any new restrictive gun laws.
    Also, if Romney is elected, he has the chance to be re-elected to another term. He will need the republican base and the NRA to get that extra term. So he will need to keep them somewhat satisified that he is with them on the 2nd amendment. President Obama will be past that point. He cannot run for another term. He will be able to blantently ignore the NRA and any electoral consequences of passing additional gun controls.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    What is a democrat incumbent supposed to say to the people in his own party ready to evacuate him like a burning building? Whether he is or isn't in favor of stupid gun legislation (which I think he is), he would be a moron not to toe the party line as close as possible, at least in talk, which is most of what he is. Crap and hot air.
    I am not willing to take the chance that he is merely spouting rhetoric. I will do the President the honor of taking him at his word.

If you believe he is willing to say anything (ie. lie) in order to get elected, how do you trust his other positions? How do you know that he is not just telling you what he thinks you want to hear on the issues that you agree with?

Senior Moderator
    I've closed this thread for moderator review. With the election coming up we are going to be cracking down on political postings until Mid-November.

The Canidates positions on the 2nd Admendment should come as no surprise to anyone, their records and past statements speak for themsleves.

If you care about the 2nd admendment make sure that you vote for canidates who share your values.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links