Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban

This is a discussion on Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In tonight's debate, Obama unequivocally stated that he is for Reinstating the Assault Weapon Ban. His other rhetoric about Chicago violence could be interpreted, but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban

VIP Member

Obama Stated He is for a Renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban

In tonight's debate, Obama unequivocally stated that he is for Reinstating the Assault Weapon Ban. His other rhetoric about Chicago violence could be interpreted, but his statement in the Assault Weapon Ban was clear and unequivocal.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, I watched it as well. If he's elected, there's no doubt it's on his agenda to get it done.

I will be pist! Just saying I own well more than I should assault type rifles shot guns and pistols ill either be sitting on a gold mine or hord them lol

there's a news flash. Obama is more anti-2nd Amendment than Bill Clinton ever hoped to be.

It makes absolutely no difference to the left that the AWB of 1994 has been shown to have had a ZERO effect on gun related crime, yet they continue to
    pound their drums with more ridiculous "feel good" legislation that is totally ineffective.....except to make owning these guns impossible for the law abiding.

Obama has got to go.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

IBTL...

I'm not voting for our current president... But you guys need to read the transcript...

Nothing NOTHING O said was unequivocal..

And Romney passed many features of the AWB in his own state.

I give both a failing grade on the gun question...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    I'm okay with Romney ducking the question. This was not the proper event to attempt to educate the president, his moderator and the liberal (planted) audience on gun law.
    tcox4freedom and phreddy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    IBTL...

I'm not voting for our current president... But you guys need to read the transcript...

Nothing NOTHING O said was unequivocal..

And Romney passed many features of the AWB in his own state.

I give both a failing grade on the gun question...
    I agree 100% both were dodgy and avoided the issue.
    Semper Fi

When Dub'ya did it they called it statesmanship. Political genius. If one was to think that they are a pro-gun politician they just need a few more years sunbathing in the perverting rays of power. The supposed "option" is to be the gun-nut equivalent of the clown we have been making fun of for the last four years swearing up and down that Obama was going to pay her mortgage... and living up to our role as obedient slaves voting for Establishment Candidate (R).. and in a few years, perhaps with more literacy and eloquence, waving around a pistol, praising Mittens Obamney like the 'BAMA PHONE lady, as if the sun is legislated into the sky every morning.
    What is the definition of insanity? Voting for the lesser of two evils over and over as if it was going to net us a different result than the last several dozen times we tried it.
    miller_man and dbglock like this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Does anybody know where I can watch it in it's entirety online? Once again because of work, I missed it.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

To my knowledge all Obama has to do is sign the bill back into law...no congressional or senate approval is necessary..scary thought, unbelievable. Heres the facts from wikipedia on the subject matter: "The United States Department of Justice and National Institute of Justice found should the ban be renewed, its effects on gun violence would likely be small, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement, because rifles in general, including rifles referred to as "assault rifles" or "assault weapons", are rarely used in gun crimes."
    "Examining 1.4 million guns involved in crime, it determined that since the law was enacted, "assault weapons have made up only 1.61% of the guns ATF has traced to crime"

The guy wants to implement another proven failed policy...when will Americans ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    In tonight's debate, Obama unequivocally stated that he is for Reinstating the Assault Weapon Ban. His other rhetoric about Chicago violence could be interpreted, but his statement in the Assault Weapon Ban was clear and unequivocal.
    YEP... he sure said it. Plus , other "restrictions " and better "checks (mental health)" to reduce violence. Wonder if that means , mag capacities, buying ammo and the frequency & amounts, etc.

Wonder how much ammo sales, etc will go up in the next few days.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I am holding off on stocking up on ammo till the 5th. IMO it's not a big deal...everyone should have known by now where Obama stood on the 2nd amendment.

It just might drop him further in the polls.

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

Here's how I see that topic.

If Obama is reelected to his second term, it will be a lame duck session in which he is free to work on any agenda he may have openly without having to worry about getting elected again. It's anyone's guess as to what he intends to do regarding guns. But my opinion, it isn't good.

If Romney is elected (regardless of what his "personal beliefs" may be on that particular issue), he is going to be too busy trying to fix the economy, get people back to work, stop the hemorrhage, and get us out of this recession we are still in.

Gun legislation is going to be the furthest thing from his mind. I also believe that the Congress, the republican party, the gun lobby, and people he represents (the American people) will keep him in check and make sure he doesn't even consider enacting any new restrictive gun laws.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Sure sounded to me he said he wanted to renew the assault weapons ban.
    Eagleks likes this.

To people who don't know anything about the subject, banning "assault weapons" is good, right? Assault weapons are evil.

What is a democrat incumbent supposed to say to the people in his own party ready to evacuate him like a burning building? Whether he is or isn't in favor of stupid gun legislation (which I think he is), he would be a moron not to toe the party line as close as possible, at least in talk, which is most of what he is. Crap and hot air.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links