Elections are coming. - Page 2

Elections are coming.

This is a discussion on Elections are coming. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SixBravo Do some real hard looks at ALL the candidates. I'm not voting along traditional lines because I don't like some of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elections are coming.

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Do some real hard looks at ALL the candidates. I'm not voting along traditional lines because I don't like some of the politics involved with the traditional parties. But I found a guy who supports guns, has in the past, and says he will back any pro 2A bill that comes through....
    I am unaware of ANY anti-gun Republicans (other than the known RINO's), and while there are a very small handful of pro-gun Democrats, they are few in number and "usually" are only pro-gun just before an election. Count on them to change that position after the election because "anti-gun" is part of the Democratic platform.

I have spoken with several people in the past who have voted their "principles" only to see those who totally OPPOSE their principles get elected.
    It would be great to see a REAL Conservative party, but for now, 2nd Amendment supporters have only the Republican Party.
    If you don't other politics of individual Republicans among them, the start actively supporting and working for the candidates YOU want in the PRIMARIES which is where you get to choose one Republican over another.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    CDH, I don't disagree with you one bit as far as "prinicipaled voting" goes. I do take issue with the rest, though. However, I know that opening my big mouth will only invite a lot of trouble, so I'm going to conceed this to anyone else who wants to take this thread to their own place. LOL

This is a really thought-provoking thread, but I just want to remind everyone (before anyone considers lettin go) to keep this intellectual and not emotional. I'm going to keep reading this thread with a damned keen interest.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

good point

Yeah polictics like religon can turn the best of friends into enemies;Thats why I've made the who to vote for process simple for myself.I always vote FREEDOM first;then once elected I can express my concerns with other issues by contacting them.
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links