Defensive Carry banner

Elections are coming.

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 ·
Mid-term elections are coming up soon. Is there a website where I can get information on how my elected officials have voted on gun issues? I just joined the NRA and I checked the ILA site but I could not find what I'm looking for there. Please let me know. Thanks.

#2 ·
Good question, I don't know much about Elections, but would love to learn. I have come across a few canidate's info and wanted to compare.

Where can one find/ compare agendas and such?

Waltherguy, sorry I have nothing helpful to add. Just a tag for good info hopefully!

#3 ·
Last Time I Looked...

the NRA site had a link to find more local info on elections...
It should be there...

ret:urla9ub:

#5 ·
In Pennsylvania, definitely go with Rick Santorum for the Senate. His opponent is a far left liberal, and if the Democrats take control of the Senate, your 2A rights will be on the line. He's received the endorsement of the NRA. Check out his web page at:http://www.ricksantorum.com, and the NRA endorsement is at:http://www.ricksantorum.com/Sportsmen

#8 ·
Do some real hard looks at ALL the candidates. I'm not voting along traditional lines because I don't like some of the politics involved with the traditional parties. But I found a guy who supports guns, has in the past, and says he will back any pro 2A bill that comes through....

#12 ·
Do some real hard looks at ALL the candidates. I'm not voting along traditional lines because I don't like some of the politics involved with the traditional parties....
Amen to that. Just not Nader, though. Here in Vermont, nobody messes with guns: not Howard Dean or Madeleine Kunin (http://www.uvm.edu/~polisci/faculty/kunin_bio.htm) so, happily, that isn't a factor in choice.

#10 ·
And guaranteed not to make a difference, except to possibly throw a close race to the other side. No offence, I have many Libertarian views myself. But it's just not a viable party. Those who were disillusioned with traditional parties, and voted for Perot, gave us 8 years of Bill Clinton, who never received 50 % of the vote.

#11 ·
Usually the NRA-ILA or PVF will send a list of candidates and their "grades" A-F on 2nd amnedment issues. It should be coming in your mailbox soon. They always send one to me.

Also, in Florida, we have Unified Sportsman of FL, headed by ex/NRA pres. Marion Hammer and they send out a list as well on local folks. Maybe there is and organization like this in your state, so do some research online.

#17 ·
CDH, I don't disagree with you one bit as far as "prinicipaled voting" goes. I do take issue with the rest, though. However, I know that opening my big mouth will only invite a lot of trouble, so I'm going to conceed this to anyone else who wants to take this thread to their own place. LOL

This is a really thought-provoking thread, but I just want to remind everyone (before anyone considers lettin go) to keep this intellectual and not emotional. I'm going to keep reading this thread with a damned keen interest.

#18 ·
good point

Yeah polictics like religon can turn the best of friends into enemies;Thats why I've made the who to vote for process simple for myself.I always vote FREEDOM first;then once elected I can express my concerns with other issues by contacting them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.