Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: No to Under 21

Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: No to Under 21

This is a discussion on Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: No to Under 21 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; An appeals court on Thursday upheld a federal law that prohibits people under the age of 21 from purchasing handguns from dealers, rejecting the first ...

Thread: Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: No to Under 21

Post Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals: No to Under 21

An appeals court on Thursday upheld a federal law that prohibits people under the age of 21 from purchasing handguns from dealers, rejecting the first challenge to the age rule since the Supreme Court recognized an individual’s right to keep and bear arms.

In a 3-0 ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit held that the age restriction, which dates back to 1968, was “consistent with a longstanding tradition of targeting select groups’ ability to access and to use arms for the sake of public safety.”
    Fifth Circuit Upholds Ban on Gun Sales to People Under 21 - Law Blog - WSJ

The Fifth Circuit ruling affirmed a decision last year by a federal district judge in Lubbock, Texas.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Not that I expected anything else, but I was hopeful. Being 19, I would really like to see this go somewhere.

Sponsored Links