MI Libraries

MI Libraries

This is a discussion on MI Libraries within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's bad enough that there are so many PFZ's (i.e. free fire zones) in MI. Prohibiting them in public libraries would've just made it worse ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tacman605
  • 2 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: MI Libraries

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

MI Libraries

It's bad enough that there are so many PFZ's (i.e. free fire zones) in MI. Prohibiting them in public libraries would've just made it worse than it already is.

Appeals court: Michigan libraries can't bar gun-toting patrons; regulation up to state | news - Home
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Kudos to the judge........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    A lot of this stemmed from a group that walked into a public library with shotguns and rifles to show that they had the right to do it and scared the crap out of the patrons including kids that were there.

A a result of this and other things Michigan Open Carry does not support the carry of long guns nor will they even allow it to be discussed on their forum. Fully agree responsible open carry of a handgun should be allowed. Toting an AR into a library full of kids not the best thing to do in my opinion legal or not.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    It was all an over reaction by one bunch of idiots, caused by another bunch of idiots making a foolish politcal statement.

I'm happy with the decision, certainly. I just wish there hadn't been the need in the first place.

I think this was what is called an "unintended consequence".
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Yep
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    From the 15 years I lived in MI, I don't think I ever met a person who'd been to a library anyway... or possibly even read a book. :D
    RichB70 and bigmacque like this.

We have libraries here in Michigan? You mean I could be logging onto DefensiveCarry.com for free and not have to pay for my own internet? Be back in a sec...

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    LOL, in all fairness, I lived on lake MI, opposite the Detroin/AA side of things, and it was very rural. When I was at U of MI, it was an entirely different vibe.. for the most part. (before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm just teasing. My father got his Masters from U of MI and I underwent 4 organ transplants at their hospitals.)

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    We have libraries here in Michigan? You mean I could be logging onto DefensiveCarry.com for free and not have to pay for my own internet? Be back in a sec...
    Yep ... checkout Zug Izz Lund area

Links