Legally Stoned on Pot - No Problem, here is your carry license - Page 4

Legally Stoned on Pot - No Problem, here is your carry license

This is a discussion on Legally Stoned on Pot - No Problem, here is your carry license within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet While one can argue the "rightness" of FL's law on drugs/alcohol and possession/use, I do appreciate how the statute defines "use" ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Legally Stoned on Pot - No Problem, here is your carry license

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    While one can argue the "rightness" of FL's law on drugs/alcohol and possession/use, I do appreciate how the statute defines "use" and "readily accessible" over the vague and generic "possess." Someone could make the argument that having a gun in the house while intoxicated is unlawful "possession."
    Don't give them any ideas. I guess if you had it on your persons if the police came to your house might not be good
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Im new here, having trouble starting a new post but somewhat relevant here. I used to be a medical marijuana patient but no longer am. Been clean for 6 months and card has been expired. Can i get my ccw? Or am i banned for life now?

Quote Originally Posted by metalgear6 View Post
    Im new here, having trouble starting a new post but somewhat relevant here. I used to be a medical marijuana patient but no longer am. Been clean for 6 months and card has been expired. Can i get my ccw? Or am i banned for life now?
    As long as you haven't been convicted of a drug crime and aren't currently using, my best guess is that you are fine to apply for a Michigan CPL and should pass the required FBI check. I am not a lawyer, so don't take my word on it.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

It makes no sense no matter how you state it, how can anyone be held accountable of a mistameoner charge when you were a kid ?? Especially marijuana, the only substance to my knowledge that doesnt affect you like no other drugs including alcohol. With that being said we are all born young and dumn and we go learning as we get older. I know that we all know this including the judge and state attorney's, this is one of many cases where the law shows no common sense nor average intelegence period.

NMB
    I think marijuana should be treated exactly the same as alcohol in regards to firearms ownership, possession, legality, etc.

I think the case could be easily made that a drunk with a gun is FAR more dangerous than someone high on weed. Both situations obviously being not good.
    Edward7 and Aiko like this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

i believe that given a bad situation, a drunk would be less inhibited and let rage take over pulling his gun out and making a mess of his life. the guy high on weed would most likely say, "f**k this! i gotta gun on me. lets get out of here. i don't want trouble. just oreo's!". no harm done. no one died. and the drunk was able to go home and beat his girlfriend.

how many generations have to pass before these old moronic standards die out? people need to open their damn eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by metalgear6 View Post

Self Explanitory...Lawyers, guns and money: a day inside the Genesee County gun board | MLive.com

Look how far Oregon went.

Here it is in a nutshell...Obama's Drug War: After Medical Marijuana Mess, Feds Face Big Decision On Pot
    excerpt...President Barack Obama made good on his campaign promise shortly after taking office. "What the president said during the campaign, you'll be surprised to know, will be consistent with what we'll be doing in law enforcement," Attorney General Eric Holder said in March 2009. "What he said during the campaign is now American policy."

In October, the Department of Justice followed up with what became known as the "Ogden memo" -- a missive from Deputy Attorney General David Ogden telling federal law enforcers that they should not focus federal resources "on individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana."

I wonder how many people shot themselves in the head today, with their Medical Marijuana? I wonder if the Conn. shooter could have killed all those kids if he stole his moms Medical Marijuana started throwing it at them? Besides the feds said they aint going after MM. And the State Police arenít paid to enforce fed law. Or they would be arresting MM patients cause it's federally illegal. Sounds to me like the country is legalizing MM state by state every ballot. And at the same time trying to ban as many gun rights as possible. Sounds to me like Pot 1, Guns 0.
    Not Me...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links