Romney on guns

This is a discussion on Romney on guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've not heard much about Romney's stance on the 2nd Amendment. Does anyone know how he stands? Is he for, against or somewhere in the ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By archer51
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Romney on guns

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Romney on guns

I've not heard much about Romney's stance on the 2nd Amendment. Does anyone know how he stands? Is he for, against or somewhere in the middle?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    IBTL....I think he falls somewhere between Michael Bloomberg and Ted Nugent.
    OldVet, Brad426, tclance and 2 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I've not heard much about Romney's stance on the 2nd Amendment. Does anyone know how he stands? Is he for, against or somewhere in the middle?
    This is going to get locked, but he introduced an AWB in Massachusetts as Governor and is proud of it. Basically he's about the same as Obama on the issue, but people are pretending Obama is somehow worse when that's not the case.

Romney seems to be for gun control for that reason. How much? Not sure. He was governor of my state and we have the WORST gun rules and laws.

Check out the principal Massachusetts gun-rights org to see what they say. He was their governor, so I think they may have more credibility than other groups.

Gun Owners' Action League - GOAL.org - "Protecting Your Freedom Begins Here"
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

He is endorsed by the NRA, over his opponent. No more need be said.
    Spirit51, DPro.40 and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    This is going to get locked, but he introduced an AWB in Massachusetts as Governor and is proud of it. Basically he's about the same as Obama on the issue, but people are pretending Obama is somehow worse when that's not the case.

Romney seems to be for gun control for that reason. How much? Not sure. He was governor of my state and we have the WORST gun rules and laws.
    I was a MA property owner and taxpayer back then, so I was pretty plugged into the Bay State laws. The MA AWB was actually enacted in 1998.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Romney served as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007. Romney signed a permanent AWB in 2004.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 3rd, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

Links