9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry (Illinois!!!!!!)

This is a discussion on 9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry (Illinois!!!!!!) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Posted: Nov 03, 2012 9:19 AM PDT Updated: Nov 03, 2012 9:25 AM PDT By DAVID MERCER Associated Press ......Ballots in at least nine counties ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry (Illinois!!!!!!)

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.

9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry (Illinois!!!!!!)

Posted: Nov 03, 2012 9:19 AM PDT
    Updated: Nov 03, 2012 9:25 AM PDT

By DAVID MERCER
    Associated Press

......Ballots in at least nine counties Tuesday include non-binding questions asking voters whether they would support the legalization of concealed weapons. Advocates hope passage would send a message to lawmakers that there's support for so-called concealed carry.

......But Illinois is the last state where concealed weapons are illegal and Gov. Pat Quinn has promised to veto any measure to legalize concealed weapons.

My Comments: I'll be looking to see how this did in the post election turmoil........ I'm glad to see that even people in Illonois are getting fed up and making noise on this issue! Go!

9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff
    BenGoodLuck and Chevy-SS like this.

2. Remove Ads

That's awesome. It's a start Illinois. The Govenor my Veto the first go around but the wheels are in motion. Good luck. Keep up the good fight.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The solution is simple: Out with the old; in with the new.
    mg27, kmagnuss and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That's pretty cool, hopefully it'll really start stirring the pot. I'm not surprised it's getting through to some people, as it's a big state for hunting white tail so some people get it...outside of the cities anyways.

A primary reason I moved back from Chicago last year. WAY too many idiots.
    bandrich likes this.

Those blockheads in Chicago aren't going to let go the reins of power easily, even if badgered. Hopefully the elected folks in Springfield will find their respectability and integrity, and finally listen to their constituents across the state on this issue ... instead of just those in Chicago.

Here's hoping that Illinois' citizens can finally get the opportunity to effectively defend themselves against predation no matter where they go. Hopefully the crafting of legislation won't be too far behind this straw vote.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The solution is simple: Out with the old; in with the new.

^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tro' da bums out!!!!

Hopefully the rural areas will launch an attack via the voting booth, and rid the state of the vermin in charge at present.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Moderator
    Part of the issue is that the city of Chicago is about 2.7 million in population. The state of Illinois runs around 12 million, but no where is there a larger concentration of people than in Chicago. Once you get out of the citys, Illinois is a fairly rural state with lots of famland and rolling prarie.
    The ruling mob is in Chicago and it pretty well dictates what the rest of the state does. The smallers citys of less than 100,000, which there are many of, just dont have much of a say there. While they may have good intentions, they will be overuled and outvoted.

I dont see it changing any time soon.
    CaveJohnson likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

HotGuns is right. Chicago, and also Cook County dictate what happens here more than not. The politicians are beholden to the unions and the receiving class.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Part of the issue is that the city of Chicago is about 2.7 million in population. The state of Illinois runs around 12 million, but no where is there a larger concentration of people than in Chicago. Once you get out of the citys, Illinois is a fairly rural state with lots of famland and rolling prarie.
    The ruling mob is in Chicago and it pretty well dictates what the rest of the state does. The smallers citys of less than 100,000, which there are many of, just dont have much of a say there. While they may have good intentions, they will be overuled and outvoted.

I dont see it changing any time soon.
    Same thing with New York and Massachusetts, the big cities dominate the laws and it shouldn't apply to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    ... Chicago is about 2.7 million in population. The state of Illinois runs around 12 million ...

The ruling mob is in Chicago and it pretty well dictates what the rest of the state does. The smallers citys ... will be overuled and outvoted.
    One would think ~8M voting folks in IL could override ~1.2M folks in Chicago (no matter how many of the dead they stuff onto the rolls in ChiTown). Can anyone say "Redistricting" and "Rice Bowls"?

Time to bust a few, on the question of blowing a hole in the concept of a disarmed citizenry is to anyone's benefit other than the criminals.

Of course, 9 of 102 (counties) isn't going to send much of a message, no matter how grumbling they all get.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    You make the mistake in believing it is just Chicago v downstate. The larger cities also vote with the dominant party (democrats).

The governor does not wield power, all the power in Illinois rests in the hands of Mike Madigan, the speaker of the house. A bill to allow concealed carry will never see the light of day, let alone the governor's desk.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Lets say even if they did get lucky and get CC passed I have a feeling it would be like NY and some other states where Cities could restrict or outlaw legal carry in the city limits even with a permit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Lets say even if they did get lucky and get CC passed I have a feeling it would be like NY and some other states where Cities could restrict or outlaw legal carry in the city limits even with a permit
    Most municipalities in IL are considered "Home Rule" so you are correct.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Pat Quinn has promised to veto any measure to legalize concealed weapons.
    Time to veto the governor!

If the people are for something, then the leaders need to listen.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links