Any pro/anti gun laws pass?

This is a discussion on Any pro/anti gun laws pass? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This will not be a political thread! But it was elections, so I was wondering what all there was out there this time around for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mprp

Thread: Any pro/anti gun laws pass?

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar

Any pro/anti gun laws pass?

This will not be a political thread! But it was elections, so I was wondering what all there was out there this time around for 2A related legislation.

I saw two threads posted. It looks like some counties in IL are asking for CC, and Louisiana did some good work toughening their protections of gun rights. What else happened this week?

Nov 6- Louisiana voters approve pro-gun amendment.
    "The constitutional change — pushed by the National Rifle Association — would require “strict scrutiny” of any restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms. The legal standard would require courts, when asked, to determine whether the state’s gun laws demonstrate “a compelling governmental interest” and are “narrowly defined.” If not, they are to be thrown out as unconstitutional."

9 Illinois counties to consider concealed carry (Illinois!!!!!!)
    but I think we all know this one isn't going anywhere for a while.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    KY passed a constitutional amendment guaranteeing the rights of hunters and fisherman. Backed by the NRA. Not a gun law per se, but does bolster KY's already strong gun rights and blocks any type of "end around" gun restrictions via hunting bans.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    There were none on the North Carolina ballot but hopefully we will have another chance to get HB-111 passed and allow restaurant carry this time.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

California passed an anti-gun measure by re-electing Feinstein. 61.4%
    OldVet likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    There were none on the North Carolina ballot but hopefully we will have another chance to get HB-111 passed and allow restaurant carry this time.
    I'll avoid politics and just say with a certain party in the guv seat and a majority in the House this is our best chance ever to get restaurant carry. Maybe public gatherings while they're at it!

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    California passed an anti-gun measure by re-electing Feinstein. 61.4%
    LOL! 61%? That's not a majority, that's a mandate! You guys must really love her!

Links