Election over, U.N. back at arms trade treaty talks...

This is a discussion on Election over, U.N. back at arms trade treaty talks... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's already a corrupt court. Explain, please....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Election over, U.N. back at arms trade treaty talks...

It's already a corrupt court.
    Explain, please.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    All BS aside...do you really think that this Administration isn't going to mess with your ability to own guns?

Anyone?

To some I suppose its all just a bunch of right wing hype...just like the Brady Bill was...right up until it passed the first time.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    All BS aside...do you really think that this Administration isn't going to mess with your ability to own guns?

Anyone?

To some I suppose its all just a bunch of right wing hype...just like the Brady Bill was...right up until it passed the first time.
    I highly doubt anything will happen, at worst the old AWB being reinstated but it's going to be pretty far from a priority. In the last four years things have moved towards more pro-gun across most states, and we can carry in national parks.

So constantly worrying about it is kind of pointless.

Senior Moderator
    I highly doubt anything will happen, at worst the old AWB being reinstated
    You say that like its no big deal...but then, I guess in Massachussetts it aint.

For the rest of the free states it is a big deal.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Moderator
    You've got to remember that this board covers all 50 states...and most of them dont have the insane gun restrictions that you do in Massachusetts. It is a big deal to us in the south, because we dont have to put up with the BS that you do and we really dont want to start.
    So when you say its no big deal, it makes you sound like you dont care one way or the other, almost like "hey I'm screwed.. so screw you" in the finest Bostonian accent that I can imagine.
    Am I wrong? I certainly hope so.
    DPro.40, OD* and Rock and Glock like this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

You've got to remember that this board covers all 50 states...and most of them dont have the insane gun restrictions that you do in Massachusetts. It is a big deal to us in the south, because we dont have to put up with the BS that you do and we really dont want to start.
    So when you say its no big deal, it makes you sound like you dont care one way or the other, almost like "hey I'm screwed.. so screw you" in the finest Bostonian accent that I can imagine.
    Am I wrong? I certainly hope so.
    I think it's the only thing that could maybe happen, but probably isn't going to. When people are acting like the sky is falling, and the police will be confiscating your guns tomorrow, it's kinda insignificant by comparison.

You're afraid of the guy that gave you the right to carry in national parks and trains and has done nothing to take your rights as a gun owner away. All he's done is mention it quickly at a debate, and most likely to shut HIS base up. Everyone freaked out while the other guy stated how proud he was about his AWB.

Back on topic, the UN arms treaty won't affect us at all.

Senior Moderator
    The UN Treaty will affect us as much as our President and Congress allow it too...and if that dont scare you, then nothing will.
    GetSmith and Rock and Glock like this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

The UN Treaty will affect us as much as our President and Congress allow it too...and if that dont scare you, then nothing will.
    It doesn't scare me, because it won't affect us at all. In the slightest. You've got more of a chance of the Bilderberg group outwardly announcing the New World Order on every cable news network and tossing you into a FEMA camp.

Senior Moderator
    It doesn't scare me, because it won't affect us at all. In the slightest.
    Famous last words.

We'll see soon enough.
    GetSmith and DPro.40 like this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Famous last words.

We'll see soon enough.
    I understand why you fear the AWB, but the UN? When was the last time the US Congress ratified something the UN wanted?

What guns? Lost them all in a boating accident out in the gulf...tragic.
    JNC likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Here's an editorial piece from this morning's Investor's Business Daily.

Re-elected Obama Pushes Anti-2nd Amendment United Nations Gun Grab - Investors.com
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have two concerns. Why is the current adminstration in favor of new negotiations on this treaty if they don't have any plans to ratify it?

Also it doesn't take two-thirds of the whole Senate to ratify a treaty, only two-thirds of the senate that is present. If a group wanted to ratify this treaty badly enough, they could time the vote. Treaties do not expire, so once it is presented to the senate, they can hold it indefinitely for a vote.
    Last edited by phreddy; November 9th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I have two concerns. Why is the current adminstrations is favor of new negotiations on this treaty if they don't have any plans to ratify it?

Also it doesn't take two-thirds of the whole Senate to ratify a treaty, only two-thirds of the senate that is present. If a group wanted to ratify this treaty badly enough, they could time the vote. Treaties do not expire, so once it is presented to the senate, they can hold it indefinitely for a vote.
    "Even if the treaty applied only to transfers of small arms between nations, would that mean restrictions on our ability to aid allies such as Israel and Taiwan? Would we be forbidden from supporting resistance movements around the world that rise up against the very dictators who support this treaty?"

It was put off so people like on here wouldn't freak out before the election. It's not going to affect us.

Thumbs down Open Mouth, insert.................

You're afraid of the guy that gave you the right to carry in national parks and trains and has done nothing to take your rights as a gun owner away.
    He didn't give us anything, period. He was coerced to sign the NP Bill because it was attached to and part and parcel of one of his "Pet" bills his buddies cooked up and that is the only way it got signed. He did not "give" us anything. Never did and never will. He is from Illinois and Hawaii for goodness sakes, two bastions of gun control. It was extracted from him by some very sharp legislators that had significant support from the gun lobby you rail against so regularly. Get the story straight and place blame where it belongs, and give credit where credit is due.

You charge "us" with "extremist paranoia", CaveJohnson, but you throw out statements such as this, while referring to the SCOTUS:

It's already a corrupt court.
    The inconsistency in your thinking is startling to say the least.

I don't think any of us are running around like Chicken Little as you imply, but I haven't seen anything good come out of the UN since...........oh never mind..........

It was put off so people like on here wouldn't freak out before the election.
    Wow. That is just incomprehensible based on everything else you profess in other threads...............
    HotGuns and phreddy like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links