Crook County passes budget with $25 new gun tax - Page 2

Crook County passes budget with $25 new gun tax

This is a discussion on Crook County passes budget with $25 new gun tax within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DPro.40 I don't think you can blame Southern Illinois. They have been victimized by Chicago where most folks are of liberal persuasion ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Crook County passes budget with $25 new gun tax

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    I don't think you can blame Southern Illinois. They have been victimized by Chicago where most folks are of liberal persuasion and a high concentration of the population. Illinois has a vast rual area and not as populated. That population is mainly pro gun folks. I would never consider living in Illinois either unless they drop a Mr Clean bomb on Chicago.
    Same for the majority of us here in Upstate NY. We are governed by the idiots that live downstate. At one time they tried to pass a law against having a brush guard on your car. Those of us in deer country were none too pleased. Don't get me started on gun laws up here.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    This is just a start. I expect to see these tactics increasing across the USA. We will see if the courts throw it out.
    You're getting warm, because it just might be that a court would find against the tax, because IIRC there are precedents that rule taxes on the exercise of a constitutional right to be unconstitutional. But you'd want to talk to a savvy attorney and before doing anything else, contact the Second Amendment Foundation.

Well I against a extra tax for law abiding citizens. Criminals usually don't buy guns the legal way so they can't be traced back to them in the first place. This is just another way to collect money for the county. I will say this if I was is crook county and saw a pistol I wanted that 25 dollar fee is not going to stop me, but you can just drive to the next county over and get it. It would have to be state wide tax for it to have any large effect. The innocent person always has to pay out. Politicians and lawyers are both out of the same mold. It's all abt money in the end.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    This is true of most states in the Union. One large population center imposing it's beliefs on the rural population that inhabits 90% of the landmass. Always have, and always will.
    To put what you just said in different terms that mean the same thing: a million people are stronger than 100,000. As you say, always been true, always will be.

Remember the most recurring lesson in history: He with the biggest army crowns himself king.

VIP Member
    never saw that coming

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    Sorry but the people of Illinois get what they deserve. They elected these idiots.

I have zero sympathy. No way I would EVER live in IL. I can't even see myself visiting.
    I spend EXTRA gas money just to drive AROUND IL when traveling north.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    your a wise man!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'll end up doing the same when I visit Wisconsin for Christmas.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    This is how they're going to do it folks (get rid of guns). There's going to be too much resistance if they outright try to ban guns so they'll do the next best thing, tax it to the point to where you can't afford to buy them. Really if you think about it, they don't even have to put the tax on guns. All they have to do is tax ammo and supplies into oblivion. Without ammo, the guns are worthless. Don't take solace in re-loading either, they can tax the components as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links