A challenge! For those who love their guns.

This is a discussion on A challenge! For those who love their guns. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, so after watching a posted video in another thread on Australia and Great Britian and their guns being taken away, I'm pretty bummed about ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By miller_man
  • 2 Post By dbglock
  • 1 Post By bigmacque

Thread: A challenge! For those who love their guns.

Distinguished Member

A challenge! For those who love their guns.

Ok, so after watching a posted video in another thread on Australia and Great Britian and their guns being taken away, I'm pretty bummed about thinking this can happen here.

So for myself, I'm leaving the polits and NRA and all that jazz out of it (atleast in this thread). Cause I'm not so sure that is gonna save us, not sure if anything can eventually BUT . . .

I have a proposal and a challenge . . .

I'm going to make it my goal to take atleast one new person shooting a month. Someone who's not into guns already, someone who without my invatation probably wouldn't have been shooting. I have said it before, I think it'd be hard to find someone who would not have fun going to range and shooting some qaulity firearms in a safe enviroment.

So that is my challenge to all of you, what do ya think? I'm sure we all have a couple of people we could talk into a range trip. I think this could be a really easy and good way to spread the love of firearms. It may not be THE WAY to fix or solve anything but it could be A WAY to help and do something. So what's your opinions? Anybody in?
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good plan. It does work. I have converted several anti's, or, rather, they converted themselves.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I don't know one person a month. But I got my whole family interested in firearms, helped them buy guns, getting my wife her own handgun for Christmas, and take them to the range regularly. I try to avoid "friends" because they're always wanting favors.
    miller_man and sixgun like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That is actually a stellar challenge, and I accept it. I'll find one as often as I can and take them.
    miller_man likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have been taking the challenge for years! I agree with your perspective. Since I accept I guess I will have to recruit twice as many. Good post.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Great idea! Wish I had a range closer but that won't stop me from trying.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Re: A challenge! For those who love their guns.

I've been doing this for the last few years as my collection has grew. I now have something the little old lady who needs help walking cross the street to shoot all the way up to Andre the Giant.

I tend to meet a lot more women than I do new guy "friends" but same difference. Still a convert!

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I've done this. For the real newbies, I take a couple of .22 pistols for confidence building. Then I introduce them to the larger/louder stuff.

Great idea. I've been doing it for years. I'm always trying to make the anti's "see the light". When explained logically why it is a essential to be armed, most of them say, "I never thought of it that way".
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Good plan....miller-man. Maybe instead of McDonalds Monopoly "play and win" free fries or a Coke, they could have a crapload of game pieces where you win a range trip. Wendys and the lot could follow suit!

neverenough

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Well, I don't 'love' my weapons any more than anything else. Actually, I 'love' them less than my family and friends.

They are mearly 'tools' to be used as appropriate.

I highly value my 2A rights and will fight to defend my 2A rights. I do not 'love' my 2A rights, as they were given by god and expressed in the Constitution of the USA.

I have fought for all of your rights (even those that are now rights that were not really rights - but I respect that people can bend words to their needs in today's Progressive Society.... so be it).

As for Guns.... I find that to be a layman's term for weapons.

Links