How do we defend against this? - Page 3

How do we defend against this?

This is a discussion on How do we defend against this? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1000 LEO killed during that time period and 986 of them were NOT killed by CCW. Pretty easy to see where the problem is....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How do we defend against this?

1000 LEO killed during that time period and 986 of them were NOT killed by CCW. Pretty easy to see where the problem is.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Both doctors and drivers need to have insurance.
    That doesn't prevent either one from being taken to court.

VIP Member
    Not to sound calloused, but less than 500 people in five years is a relatively small number of people. Also, correlation is not causation - the statistics do not establish that the license enable the crime.
    Maximpactguns likes this.

VIP Member
    Using their logic, because of the the number of drunk drivers who have drivers licenses, we should make it more difficult to obtain a drivers license, or just plain ban driving.

Statistics can be twisted to make them fit whatever you want them to. I don't worry about it.
    Maximpactguns likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    How do we defend against this?
    ever see a list of the wrong people shot by cops?... its bigger...

Unfortunately good statistics on CCW holders vs. gun crimes is spotty because it is reported on the state level, and different states report different statistics. But from the research I've done, far less than 1% of gun crimes are committed by licensed CCW holders.

Also unfortunately, most anti-gunners aren't really interested in facts unless they can be used to support their position.

If you read the reports on the VPC website you find the same event is more than one catagory, thus inflating the numbers.

Just the typical "media" throwing out bullsh*t numbers. Like another poster said, you can't believe everything on the internet is true. I had a recent class in college on using media as "credible resources" and I disagreed with the majority of it. My teacher thought I was crazy. I STRONGLY believe the major media in this country is full of nothing but liberal communists who are so afraid of guns the moment the word "gun" comes up they just quiver in fear. With the current administration I am, like alot of others, worried about whats going to happen to our 2nd amendment rights. Clinton's ban on assault weapons and hi-capacity mags was nothing compared to what this communist administration wants to see happen. Your initial post reminds me of conversations I have with friends who live in European countries who don't understand why it's important for the people of the United States to keep and bear arms. It becomes a 2 hour conversation on our video chat about the whole reasoning and philosophy on why our founding fathers wrote that into our constitution. Arguing with people who just don't understand and respect firearms are very difficult to explain firearms are not deadly and only deadly in the wrong hands. The only reasoning or excuse I could see on CCW holders getting charged for murder would be obviously in situations where self defense was not proven the reason of the death or deaths. Reading all this negative crap from the media is only going to drive you nuts and all they seem to report is negativity, ESPECIALLY against law abiding gun owners. I've always looked at owning firearms in one of several ways, those who respect and safely use firearms have a very large percentage of actually surviving a catastrophic or survival situation. Those who chose to neglect learning to defend themselves are only putting their lives and others at risk of being over powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Just the typical "media" throwing out bullsh*t numbers. Like another poster said, you can't believe everything on the internet is true. I had a recent class in college on using media as "credible resources" and I disagreed with the majority of it. My teacher thought I was crazy. I STRONGLY believe the major media in this country is full of nothing but liberal communists who are so afraid of guns the moment the word "gun" comes up they just quiver in fear. With the current administration I am, like alot of others, worried about whats going to happen to our 2nd amendment rights. Clinton's ban on assault weapons and hi-capacity mags was nothing compared to what this communist administration wants to see happen. Your initial post reminds me of conversations I have with friends who live in European countries who don't understand why it's important for the people of the United States to keep and bear arms. It becomes a 2 hour conversation on our video chat about the whole reasoning and philosophy on why our founding fathers wrote that into our constitution. Arguing with people who just don't understand and respect firearms are very difficult to explain firearms are not deadly and only deadly in the wrong hands. The only reasoning or excuse I could see on CCW holders getting charged for murder would be obviously in situations where self defense was not proven the reason of the death or deaths. Reading all this negative crap from the media is only going to drive you nuts and all they seem to report is negativity, ESPECIALLY against law abiding gun owners. I've always looked at owning firearms in one of several ways, those who respect and safely use firearms have a very large percentage of actually surviving a catastrophic or survival situation. Those who chose to neglect learning to defend themselves are only putting their lives and others at risk of being over powered.
    I think it is important to listen to all sides of the story. Honestly, its probably more important to listen to the side that you disagree with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links