What do Gun Owners Really Want? - Page 2

What do Gun Owners Really Want?

This is a discussion on What do Gun Owners Really Want? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How does restricting gun rights on victims make victims safer? Tighten up the gun laws for criminals...commit a crime or have an illegal gun? You ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: What do Gun Owners Really Want?

How does restricting gun rights on victims make victims safer?
    Tighten up the gun laws for criminals...commit a crime or have an illegal gun? You get 20 years to life, no early out.

A young gang thug caught with a gun? He'll have 20 years to think about trying it again.
    Works for me...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This gun owner wants the ATF to be abolished, along with every gun law it enforces.
    carracer, ccw9mm and HotGuns like this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like criminals having firearms too; but redrawing the straw purchase line isn't going to do much. How do you even enforce that? Is a cop going to come to my house every week and make sure I have all the guns I'm supposed to own?

The NRA portrays itself as an organization that speaks for and advocates for gun owners. The reality is that they speak for gun owners with the most extreme views and for the gun industry.
    That's pretty hilariously accurate for CNN.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Up the prison term on criminals caught with any weapon, plain and simple. Oh and enforce it, not lawyer it down in a judges chamber. The victims are tired of that most of all!!!
    ccw9mm likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Tighten up the gun laws for criminals...commit a crime or have an illegal gun? You get 20 years to life, no early out.

A young gang thug caught with a gun? He'll have 20 years to think about trying it again.
    Works for me...
    yessir!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Up the prison term on criminals caught with any weapon, plain and simple. Oh and enforce it, not lawyer it down in a judges chamber. The victims are tired of that most of all!!!
    never happen. people who make the laws are lawyers.

VIP Member
    I want to be left alone

Free to purchase what I need when I need it

not having to pay a tax to protect myself and family

VIP Member
    I'm fine with background checks too but I don't see how that's going to stop anyone buying a gun from a private person.
    If Jared Loughner hadn't obtained a gun from a dealer, he could have just as easily gotten one under the table.

So, adding another layer of laws isn't going to solve the problem of deranged people killing others.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If a person is determined to kill, laws won't make any difference. They will find a way, gun or no gun.
    mg27 likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: What do Gun Owners Really Want?

In Iowa, you must have either a permit to purchase a handgun ($5.00 annually), which includes NICS check; or a permit to carry.

You must show it to any seller private or store. You must see it if you are the seller.

At least that transaction is good. Subsequent sales may not be kosher.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

I am going to add that I want a sever curtailing of criminal protection zones. The idea that someone needs to be prohibited from carry, e.g. on a college campus to reduce crime is absurd. I would also add that gun buster signs not carry legal weight, which is about the only practical compromise on this issue I can see.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Works for me...
    I agree 100% and They could do that in a minute, but they want to rid us all of our guns and have full control.. Makes me sick man, It's so common sense that, criminals will have the weapons, and we will fear the law and be defenseless

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    I agree 100% and They could do that in a minute, but they want to rid us all of our guns and have full control.. Makes me sick man, It's so common sense that, criminals will have the weapons, and we will fear the law and be defenseless
    I've tried to explain this a million times to my uber liberal sister. She always goes back to the emotional line that children are killed all the time in the line of fire. She especially is against the sale of AR's like military guns.
    Again, I tell her that an AR is only dangerous in the hands of someone who wants to kill...like any other weapon.

There are tens of millions of guns in the United States. There is no way they could ALL be rounded up so that no one, including bad guys will have one. If a BG can't buy one at a gun show, he'll buy one from Mr Hoodie on the corner.

She's hopeless.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; November 14th, 2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
    mg27 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Define "gun owners".

There are plenty of liberal elitist "gun owners" like Sly Stallone who think it is perfectly OK for them to have a shooting range in their Miami house, own anything they want to own and carry but would restrict the "common folk's" rights to do the same. Do THEY represent "gun owners" ?

We also have a segment of gun owners who sit around in tinfoil helmets scanning the treetops for black helicopters....Do THEY represent gun owners?

You see "gun owners" is not a monolithic homogeneous block of people. You have people who buy and use guns for different reasons. You have some who look at them only as tools to engage in sporting pursuits. But even those people are not always in agreement. A sportsman could be a hard core bird hunter....who would never even consider buying a handgun....while there are also hard core action pistol shooting enthusiasts who couldn't care less about bird hunting. So which one represents "gun owners"?

And even the action shooters sometimes are little more than "gun golfers". There are plenty of them who shoot for the sport and would not ever carry a gun on the street. Do THEY represent gun owners?

Then we have folks who collect firearms but do not shoot them. Are THEY representative of gunowners?

Then there are those who could care less about the history or the mechanical innovation of firearms or sporting pursuits who simply own a gun for protection. They barely know how to work the gun and do not really care to ever even practice. They loaded it the day they bought it just before they stored it away in their sock drawer.....Do THEY represent gunowners?

Then we have folks like me. I work in the gun industry in my day job and am a firearms instructor. I shoot competitively. I shoot GSSF, IDPA, 3 gun, SMG and cowboy action and any other kind of match I might find interesting. I own machine guns, cowboy guns , hunting guns,black rifles,old military rifles,double barrel shotguns, pump shotguns semi auto shotguns,silencers, short barreled rifles and shotguns, I like old collectible guns too. I am a TN Handgun Carry permit Instructor, instructor for Suarez International , Glock armorer, and I teach and attend training classes regularly.

So do people like me represent "gun owners"? You see there is no "typical gun owners" we are all different.

CNN has a LONG history of spinning things to match their liberal anti gun agenda. Anyone remember the hit piece they did back in 2004 bemoaning the assault weapon ban's possible ending where they interviewed the Sheriff of Palm Beach County Florida? He had an officer firing a FULL AUTO AK at their range while he spewed liberal anti gun lies about how if the ban expired his officers would be facing THOSE type guns in the hands of common criminals. Disgusting.

So as to CNN and ANY kind of credibility on gun issues? Yeah right. The whole concept is ludicrous that A. that there is a monolithic group of " gun owners" and B. that ANYTHING CNN would do would show anything other than a liberal slant.
    Jeanlouise, Aimless, mg27 and 1 others like this.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

An unlimited supply of ammo.
    mulle46, lchamp and BigStick like this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links