Defensive Carry banner

What do Gun Owners Really Want?

5K views 86 replies 58 participants last post by  scott625 
#1 ·
#35 ·
All that need to be said is below.........

"......shall not be infringed."

Reactions: HotGuns and ccw9mm
#40 ·
I just want to be left alone. I'll respect the liberties of anyone as in my opinion each person should make their own decisions about what's right or wrong, but I would also like to have my own liberties left alone. It is comical right now how I'm expected to tolerate gay rights, tolerate welfare drawers, tolerate global climate change nuts, etc, but with all the preaching of tolerance that comes from those groups, me and my guns cannot receive any reciprocated "tolerance".

I'm sure my hangups result from my lack of education and understanding. Should've gone for my phd instead of my master's degree, then I might "get it". (Sarcasm intended)

sent via iCarry

#43 ·
WHAT DO I WANT? As a gun owner!

I want a place where I can walk around in condition white! I want a place were my family is safe from harm to inculde Drug Dealers, Car Jackers, Home Invasions, Road Rage (Myself Included, working on it :embarassed:), and Child Molesters!

Until I find that place, I'll carry a gun in condition yellow!

NOTE to the Bimbo* on CNN - I've gone thru 3 FBI background check to get my CCW for FL, UT, and NV, so why do I need another background check to buy my next firearm?

*Since Hostest is dead, we'll now have to buy Bimbo Bread! It's fortfied with mind numbing supplements from Mexico!

#45 ·
#47 ·
What do Gun Owners Really Want?
I'd like to see: the fed/state/local folks off our backs regarding the 2A and weapons-related intrusion; the 2A restored to its rightful untrammeled, uninfringed status; all gun statutes nullified/repealed; and the F portion of the BATFE eliminated.

What would other gun owners want? Dunno. You'd have to ask them.

#50 ·
I want things to stay the way they are right now. I can walk into any gun shop here in Oregon and buy anything that doesn't require a federal tax stamp, pass an almost instant background check, and leave with my purchase in about 5 minutes. (Depending on how busy the store is). I can purchase any kind of ammo I want, and any accessories that I want. Gun purchasing and gun ownership here in Oregon is as good as it gets anyplace. (We are a blue state too!)

What I would like to see is some much stiffer penalties for crimes committed with a firearm. If you use a gun to commit a crime, you should go away for a very long time. Those of us who are legitimate gun owners are NOT THE PROBLEM. Gun wielding criminals are the problem and always will be. I don't know what it is going to take to get this idea through to the non-gun knowledgeable public, but if we can find a way to separate those of us who are law abiding citizens from those who are not, we'll go a long way to defusing the gun ownership controversy.

#52 ·
What exactly do you want to know? So-called straw purchases? Are you saying that the U.S should follow England and ban all guns? Where would you stop? Banning automobiles? Alcohol? Both are responsible for more deaths yearly than firearms, in as much as objects can cause death. Meaning, it isn't the object, it's the Person in control of the object.

#54 ·
I don't know if anyone has legitimately tracked that information. I wouldn't trust Bloomberg's group and their stats, as they have an agenda against guns. But buying a gun in one state for resale in another state, to someone not allowed, is already against federal law.

#55 ·
England also has a much different culture, and demographic make-up. You can't simply compare the two in terms of taking guns out of the equation. There is so much more to it than that.

As the saying goes, "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a slave." The people in Britain may feel safer, but are they really? I wish the United States had a system in place similar to Switzerland, with a mandatory two years in the military starting at 20 years old, and everyone is issued their service rifles which they keep with them at home. This is a good read if you have some spare time, it really shows how guns don't commit crimes, its the idiots that get their hands on them for unlawful purposes.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: mulle46
#57 ·
the stat that jumped out at me: 9300 or so firearm as the instrument of death murders in US annually, 8200 murders caused by youth in the US.(method not stated). The US has nearly 6 times the population of the UK (314m vs 56m) but only has three times as many car thefts. (I would believe the per capita car ownership rate of the US to be substantially higher, as well). I cannot understand how there can be 187,000 drug offenses per 100,000 people in the UK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

#61 ·
I'm new but thought I'd add my thoughts. I would like to have quiet enjoyment of my sport.
No BS.
No grouping me with gangster criminals.
I just want to be a tax paying law abiding citizen exercising my 2nd am rights as much as the police state of IL will allow.
I would like to see the EXISTING laws enforced. Last time I checked handguns were highly restricted in Chicago without registration and training classes. Yet the gangsters continue to prevail.
I would like the prevalence of violence amongst drug dealers and gang members to be honestly reported by the media, rather than the default reporting be to the firearm.
Sorry about the rant, but it frustrating how often the media will blame an inantimate object rather than the criminals behind the murders.

#64 ·
when i see terms like, "absurd loophole", and "common sense reforms" i immediately know that an anti-gunner is trying to foist more restrictions on us. "it's not anti-gun, it's pro-safety". HE says. i say it's anti-gun.

and he moves easily from, "it seems doubtful...", to "supported by the majority of gun owners". how does he know? did he conduct a survey? he sure didn't ask me!

does this idiot really think that violent criminals will care if private gun sales between individuals are outlawed. i would guess that criminals who buy guns, do so from other criminals who have stolen, or obtained, stolen weapons.

the recent insane spree killers have mostly been able to buy weapons like any ordinary law-abiding citizen, because until their insanity actually manifested itself in multiple murders, they have appeared to be ordinary law-abiding citizens. so all of us are supposed to accept and desire (?) these restrictions in order to possibly prevent someone from committing a crime sometime in the future?

this is another anti-gun tactic. just more deceitful than most - and that's saying something.

#73 ·
Well..... here ... in the last 5 yrs...... 8 CC holders were charged with crimes that would cause them to lose their license. Out of the 8, 2 ... the charges were dismissed, and 2 were found not guilty, and only 3 lost their licenses..... out of a few thousand who have licenses. So, lets DO stick to the facts...... nut jobs.... will be nut jobs.... and if they don't do it with a gun, they'll do it via other means, eg. explosives, anthrax in the mail, or some other means. In the meantime, you don't make a bunch of restrictions and laws on lawful gun owners that will do NOTHING ... to stop criminals, murderers or the nut jobs out there.

#77 ·
The author of that piece is one Daniel W. Webster; a dedicated antigunner in the mold of Chuck Schumer and Dianne Feinstein.

This says it all: Editor's note: Daniel W. Webster is professor and director of the Center for Gun Policy and Research at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.

#79 ·
I want the words "SHALL NOT"...to mean what it says.

I want anything that is contradictory to "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" to be struck down as unconstitutional.

Background checks? Whats is Constitutional about proving innocence just to buy a gun?
Are we not innocent until proven guilty in this country?
If we are, then why must we undergo a background check that proves we are innocent?

If you dont think it works that way, try buying a gun from a dealer without it and see how far you get.

Why should I have to be liscenced by the Feds to sell a gun? Why should I have to pay to do it? Why should I have to pay 500 a year to sell a "special class" of weapons?
Why all the paperwork?
Why all the BS regulation and registration?

It all boils down to one thing. Control.

The Feds want to know, so that if the time comes for them to take your guns, they will have the means to do so.
History proves this, over and over again.

There is NO other reason and if you dont think so, then you are part of the problem and one of the people that want Government Control of your life, whether you know it or not.

Some people want to be controlled and told what to do and how to do it.

I am not one of them.

#80 ·
The real question should be, "What do the anti-gunners want?" More laws that common sense has proven are ineffective and serve only to criminalize law-abiding citizens. It never was about guns, it's always been about the mental health of America. It's just easier for liberal politicians to pass laws that they know have no chance of stopping criminals and whack-jobs, than it is to address the declining mental health of the sick generation. It gets easier every day to prove our elected officials are part of the problem!

#84 ·
What amazes me is with the mass of data showing that stiffer gun control doesn't deter violent crime, that people in government still think we need more gun control. Almost all of the data comes from government sources. This is no secret. It's almost as if they some other agenda..... hmmmm.....

#85 ·
What amazes me is with the mass of data showing that stiffer gun control doesn't deter violent crime, that people in government still think we need more gun control.
The data are logical, but anti-gunners use emotion, not logic. Being armed in self-defense to counter potential armed threats is logical---therefore arguments to the contrary cannot be logical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.