What do Gun Owners Really Want? - Page 3

What do Gun Owners Really Want?

This is a discussion on What do Gun Owners Really Want? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Actually I would like us regular guys to be able to run the numbers on the FBI 'hot list.'...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: What do Gun Owners Really Want?

Ex Member
    Actually I would like us regular guys to be able to run the numbers on the FBI 'hot list.'

I'm a long time member of the NRA. Altho there are several things they do that I do not agree upon. There is one thing for certain. Once the NRA lightens up, and allows the government to start regulating this or that, we'll all lose our gun rights, freedoms,etc. I do not trust 98% of our so called politicians. They are all out to make a name for themselves, see their names in light, and pat themselves on the back. Give em an inch and they'll take a mile. Long live the NRA, the GOA, etc.
    Jeanlouise, BigStick and Ksgunner like this.

While I do not mind the instant background check. I also don't want to limit private sales. Personally I will only sell to a ccw holder (letting the govt take care of the background check) and will only buy from people I know. But that does not mean everyone follows those guidelines.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    What do gun owners really want?

More guns, free ammo, and a government that understands what "shall not be infringed" means!
    DPro.40 likes this.
    Walk softly ...

All that need to be said is below.........

"......shall not be infringed."
    ccw9mm and HotGuns like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I just want a Wilson Combat......

and for all tourists that come to Orlando to quit acting like they just learned to drive the moment they crossed the Florida State Line.

....and peace on Earth, Good Will toward Men (and Women and others that are not sure which category they belong).
    Jeanlouise and Lish like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I found that to be kind of surprising. I'm personally in favor of private sales between individuals. I haven't sold many guns in my days (and regret everyone I that did sell) but I have bought roughly 80% of my guns through private sales for numerous reasons such as; not being able to find the one in a store, not wanting to purchase online, price was beat out a store I could find it in, etc. you get the point. Also, for those in a pinch or simply just do not like the gun they have bought and want to sell it, I'd imagine they get more of their money back as opposed to a pawn shop or trade-in value.

What do you guys think about those percentages/p2p sales?
    I prefer person to person also, when possible. Its always fun to meet other gun owners and hear the history of the firearm, but I really like the idea of not putting my name on some list somewhere also. I can often find better deals online than I can by buying from a private sale, so the only real advantage to the private sale for me is to not have the paperwork hassle. Restrictions are against the whole idea of the 2nd A.

To be left alone

Senior Moderator
    A bacon sandwich and more coffee
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Re: What do Gun Owners Really Want?

I just want to be left alone. I'll respect the liberties of anyone as in my opinion each person should make their own decisions about what's right or wrong, but I would also like to have my own liberties left alone. It is comical right now how I'm expected to tolerate gay rights, tolerate welfare drawers, tolerate global climate change nuts, etc, but with all the preaching of tolerance that comes from those groups, me and my guns cannot receive any reciprocated "tolerance".

I'm sure my hangups result from my lack of education and understanding. Should've gone for my phd instead of my master's degree, then I might "get it". (Sarcasm intended)

sent via iCarry

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Up the prison term on criminals caught with any weapon, plain and simple. Oh and enforce it, not lawyer it down in a judges chamber. The victims are tired of that most of all!!!
    Yep and we could solve the problem of needing undocumented workers to pick crops in the field,work gangs,you get paid like $1 day to pick crops and room and board,no picky no eat,Farmers pay the state X amount per worker per day to offset the cost of housing the prisoners,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yep and we could solve the problem of needing undocumented workers to pick crops in the field,work gangs,you get paid like $1 day to pick crops and room and board,no picky no eat,Farmers pay the state X amount per worker per day to offset the cost of housing the prisoners,
    But that would violate their civil rights......
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    WHAT DO I WANT? As a gun owner!

I want a place where I can walk around in condition white! I want a place were my family is safe from harm to inculde Drug Dealers, Car Jackers, Home Invasions, Road Rage (Myself Included, working on it ), and Child Molesters!

Until I find that place, I'll carry a gun in condition yellow!

NOTE to the Bimbo* on CNN - I've gone thru 3 FBI background check to get my CCW for FL, UT, and NV, so why do I need another background check to buy my next firearm?

*Since Hostest is dead, we'll now have to buy Bimbo Bread! It's fortfied with mind numbing supplements from Mexico!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    If a person is determined to kill, laws won't make any difference. They will find a way, gun or no gun.
    I was having a discussion with some friends about guns and their need. They bring up England as one example for gun control and its direct effect on reducing murder. England has 1/4 the homicide rate per capita vs. the US. What are some thoughts on why the same thing wouldn't work here?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Murder yes, but other violent crimes GB leads the way (assault, rape, robbery). Also, look at all the European countries with gun control, many have higher murder rates and violent crime rates.

NationMaster - Crime stats: United Kingdom vs United States
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links