Never forget...

This is a discussion on Never forget... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by kapnketel THe German laws regarding Jewish ancestry should not be confused with traditional Jewish doctrine. Pythias is correct about how German law ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Never forget...

  1. #46
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,158
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    THe German laws regarding Jewish ancestry should not be confused with traditional Jewish doctrine. Pythias is correct about how German law worked, a person could petition to have their " Jewishness" changed. There was much litigation on the issue. I do not agree on the "loosening" of gun rights given the ban on Jewry, but he is accurate as to the ancestry law.
    Again, there may have been isolated examples of such, but as a practical matter this "petition" couldn't
    be accomplished because you had a bullet in your head, were on the way to the crematoria, or beaten
    to death--- its not like there was any real access to, or protection from, an unbiased court system.

    What we are seeing in the above posts is revisionist history and distortion from reality.

    And no, I am not confusing Jewish law with German law. See my earlier reference to their
    use of 1/8 and 1/16 th when it suited-- which it usually did.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Senior Member Array dV8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    There were 100,000 1/2 and 1/4 Jews in the Wehrmacht & Luftwaffe. This included many officers and a few generals.They all had guns.And yet, they did NOT form an underground resistance movement to revolt violently against the Nazi regime.The fact is, the Nazis completely brainwashed their people, even those with Jewish parents & grandparents, and spouses.And the ones who weren't brainwashed...were in daily fear for their survival.
    Keep that in mind next time you see how many of our good citizens are on the government's payroll and ask yourself why they pay so much more than a private job of equal type.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

  4. #48
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Keep that in mind next time you see how many of our good citizens are on the government's payroll and ask yourself why they pay so much more than a private job of equal type.
    govt. jobs notoriously pay less than private-sector jobs.

  5. #49
    Senior Member Array dV8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    govt. jobs notoriously pay less than private-sector jobs.
    What rock have you been hiding under?

    Do your own searches for TSA vs. Security jobs. Teacher administrative positions vs. mid level business positions.
    And don't forget to include benefit and retirement packages.


    But... that is not my point.

    The point for you people in Queens is this:
    When your government is paying your salary or taking care of you and your family one does not question where it is getting the resources that you need and use, however it would be difficult for that person to go against their benefactor.

    Most people do not bite the hand that feeds them.
    Last edited by dV8r; November 19th, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: SP
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

  6. #50
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Again, there may have been isolated examples of such, but as a practical matter this "petition" couldn't
    be accomplished because you had a bullet in your head, were on the way to the crematoria, or beaten
    to death--- its not like there was any real access to, or protection from, an unbiased court system.

    What we are seeing in the above posts is revisionist history and distortion from reality.

    And no, I am not confusing Jewish law with German law. See my earlier reference to their
    use of 1/8 and 1/16 th when it suited-- which it usually did.
    I do not see any revisionist history here, just a comment on how the law was written. I think if you read my earlier post I commented that in the end it did not help those classified differently under the law in discussion. I am certainly not attempting to minimize the horrific depths of evil that that transpired under the Nazi regime. I have sat through many a Seder dinner with family members who do not wear long sleeves in public because of those monsters. So actually we are on the same page in that regard. My comment on making sure we do not confuse traditional Jewish law and the German laws of the 1930's was not directed at you but at another post.

    The OP started this thread to remember that one of the first things dictators do is take away the people's ability to resist. A good valid point.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  7. #51
    Ex Member Array Pythius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    What rock have you been hiding under?

    Do your own searches for TSA vs. Security jobs. Teacher administrative positions vs. mid level business positions.
    And don't forget to include benefit and retirement packages.


    But... that is not my point.

    The point for you people in Queens is this:....
    where I live, is irrelevent to this topic...and this forum.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

civilizations who were disarmed and then slaughtered

,
email stephenhalbrook.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.