Last night's CSI:

This is a discussion on Last night's CSI: within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey Ya'll Anyone watch last night's episode of CSI? The segment with the Marine at the gas station gives about the best example of why ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night's CSI:

Last night's CSI:

Hey Ya'll

Anyone watch last night's episode of CSI?

The segment with the Marine at the gas station gives about the best example of why EVERY Husband/Father should have a CCW permit, and why every state in this country should be SHALL ISSUE!!!

Just my opinion

MikeV

2. Remove Ads

Did not see it. What happened?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Marine just home from 2nd tour in Iraq, saw baby daughter for first time. Was at gas station filling his car, guy drives up, stoned from smoking joint dipped in embalming fluid. Stoned guy walks over to marine and stabs him in chest one time with knife and kills the marine, leaving the wife and daughter wondering why this happened to them.
    Ralph
    NRA Life Member
    "Don't ever confuse being familiar with being safe."

Thanks for posting what happened. I hope the stoned guy was caught and duly punished.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Marine combat Vet 2 tours in Iraq, on vaction with wife and infant child (born while he was in the sandbox) are fueling up at a gas station. This guy who it was determined had been smoking pot dipped in formaldyhide pulls up and out of the blue pulls a knife and approachs the Marine who backs off and is nothing but totally compliant while giving up his wallet. Druggie buries his knife in the Marines chest anyway while his wife and child look on from the vehicle.

Later on the same druggie T-bones a cop after running a stop sign and dies, too bad he didn't die at the gas station from the Marines legal CCW!!

MikeV

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    SEE! SEE! SEE! ......This is why we need to pass laws that will ban all knives.

I'm callin' the Brady Bunch right now.

Never watch CSI. Think it's a simi-large degree of BS. -------

He'd never have a chance unless he already had the gun in his hand. Elsewhere on the site there is a movie clip referencing this exactly.

But really, a Marine combat vet? He lets some punk that close without going into ORANGE for a potential hand to hand situation? That is something he is fully trained for. That writer better hope he doesn't run into any marines who saw the show....he'll get his butt whupped.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

CSI...

is sooooo realistic...brand new labs...everyone drives Hummers...the entire lab works on one or two cases at a time...
    Crimes are solved by analyzing the 'kool-aid' cup found at the scene...computer tests cup and says it was bought at K-Mart on 5th Ave between 5-6pm last Saturday...store camera has customer on tape...blah, blah, blah...yeah, right.
    Last time I saw crime scene investigators...they only went away with their OWN prints.
    Sorry to any CSI guys out there...

Stay safe...carry .45's...eliminate the middle man (CSI)

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    He'd never have a chance unless he already had the gun in his hand. Elsewhere on the site there is a movie clip referencing this exactly.

But really, a Marine combat vet? He lets some punk that close without going into ORANGE for a potential hand to hand situation? That is something he is fully trained for. That writer better hope he doesn't run into any marines who saw the show....he'll get his butt whupped.
    Well, you stole my thunder on that one. This illustrates the difference between REAL MARINES and actors who play Marines on TV. (oh yeah, and people who stay at Holiday Inn Express)
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

CSI-LV drives me nuts. Here we have a group of folks dedicared to finding evidence and they never turn the lights on. The crime scene, their lab, and unless it is outdoors, the scene is always dark and the investigators are searching for evidence, which could be minute, with flashlights, and they always quickly focus on the essential piece of evidence. Then in the lab, where good lighting is a key part of work, it's dark again. I usually find myself mentally screaming "TURN THE LIGHTS ON!!" CSI Miami's star, the guy with the red hair must suffer with the same malady as the guy on 'Law & Order." Both of them cannot keep their heads up straight.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

VIP Member
    Best Cop show right now IMHO: The First 48.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

CSI or AKA ......Sissy

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu View Post
    CSI-LV drives me nuts. Here we have a group of folks dedicared to finding evidence and they never turn the lights on. The crime scene, their lab, and unless it is outdoors, the scene is always dark and the investigators are searching for evidence, which could be minute, with flashlights, and they always quickly focus on the essential piece of evidence. Then in the lab, where good lighting is a key part of work, it's dark again.
    That has always bothered me as well. Then last night on CSI:Miami two criminalists were outside on the balcony of a high rise up scale apartment/condo at high noon where normally one would be wearing sun glasses, and there they were squinting from the sun while looking for clues with their flashlights.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

What bothers me about all the CSI shows is they do the investigation, and in many cases, the arresting too. When's the last time you saw a REAL CSI person who did that?

Let me clarify

The purpose of my comment on the CSI episode was not to say how great/not great the series is. I simply wanted to point out a situation.

Any occupation can be substituted for Marine, i.e a bartender was fueling his car....

And as to wether he was gonna get stabbed from Jump street I saw that he took approx 3 rearward steps while reaching for his wallet before he was stabbed. Based on the BG stupor, the GG could have instead pulled his CCW (if he would have had one) from approximatley the same spot with more than enough time. Had the BG had full use of his senses I agree the distance to encounter was to close to not get stabbed, or at least cut.

MikeV

But I gree this was hollywood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links