please sign the Petition to NOT reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban

This is a discussion on please sign the Petition to NOT reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The people that have far better legal minds than I say the WhiteHouse can't blow this off. Let the DC crowd know you to not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: please sign the Petition to NOT reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban

The people that have far better legal minds than I say the WhiteHouse can't blow this off. Let the DC crowd know you to not want your rights trampled on

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-1994/sC09SX1l

Video about the petition

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNoi4XaXdCI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pssssst, the legal minds are wrong.... The President can blow the petition off.......... It is possible he would not blow it off if it had 200,000,000 million signers........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The petitions goal is to reach 25000? Wow, such a lofty goal. I am sure 25K voices will sway the POTUS I am pretty darn sure he knows most gun owners don't want the ban reinstated
    lchamp and DPro.40 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Even if we sign a petition to NOT reinstate the Ban of 94, they'll just say, "Ok...Well, this is a new one".
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The petitions goal is to reach 25000? Wow, such a lofty goal. I am sure 25K voices will sway the POTUS I am pretty darn sure he knows most gun owners don't want the ban reinstated
    And the POTUS doesn't care.
    DPro.40 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm sure the POTUS will give that petition as much consideration as the petitions from states to secede will get. I'm sure he'll be laughing all the way to the shredding machine.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    this. he wrote off our votes as well as our needs, wants, and opinions long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    The people that have far better legal minds than I say the WhiteHouse can't blow this off. Let the DC crowd know you to not want your rights trampled on

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-1994/sC09SX1l

Video about the petition

Assault Weapons Ban Petition on Whitehouse Website **ALERT** - YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Did you hear that on the Internet?

VIP Member
    So, someone puts up a nationwide petition drive which ultimately manages to generate only a fraction of a percent of those able, yet apparently unwilling to sign. That in and of itself would indicate to the president ( rightfully) that the overwhelming majority of Americans don't care one way or the other about the AWB.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Join the NRA and stop reading crap on the INET. The NRA is the only thing anti gun voting politicians fear.
    jem102 and blitzburgh like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Join the NRA and stop reading crap on the INET. The NRA is the only thing anti gun voting politicians fear.
    As much as I despise the constant calls from them, hounding me for donations, I'm going to re-instate my membership (and give them a contact number of some dude that I can't stand).

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    As much as I despise the constant calls from them, hounding me for donations, I'm going to re-instate my membership (and give them a contact number of some dude that I can't stand).
    They are persistent. That's true. Give them the number to the office of Charles Schumer, lol
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I suspect after the latest "All In" fiasco, the anti's don't fear the NRA nearly as much as they once did. Notwithstanding, I am and shall remain a member.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    With a few noteworthy exceptions, the right to keep and bear arms is generally retained, enhanced and lost at the state level, as evidenced by the quarter of the US population already living under assault weapons bans.
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    this. he wrote off our votes as well as our needs, wants, and opinions long ago.
    He obviously didn't. No, he can't be called a "pro" gun president, but after being a vocal gun control advocate for all of his political life, he's now gone two presidential campaigns with almost no mention of the issue. He hasn't signed nor even advocated for new law. When his attorney general brought up the possibility, the White House quickly shot it down. He signed a credit reform bill into law even though it had unrelated pro-gun stuff attached to it (lifting a ban that was signed by Ronald Reagan).

So is he thinking, "I'm a believer, I love guns now and I want to please every gun owner,"? No, of course not. But to say that he's not paying attention to the issue is to be blind. He might not be too worried about making us happy, but he really doesn't want to make us mad.
    oakchas and dbglock like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links