Pennsylvania Members (and others) Take Note..

Pennsylvania Members (and others) Take Note..

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania Members (and others) Take Note.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Your Guns are Safe..... For the Moment www.nraila.org/GrassrootsAlerts/read.aspx ------------------------------------- PENNSYLVANIA The House, meeting to consider crime-fighting proposals this past Tuesday, rejected every gun-control measure on ...

Thread: Pennsylvania Members (and others) Take Note..

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Post Pennsylvania Members (and others) Take Note..

Your Guns are Safe..... For the Moment

www.nraila.org/GrassrootsAlerts/read.aspx
    -------------------------------------
    PENNSYLVANIA
    The House, meeting to consider crime-fighting proposals this past Tuesday, rejected every gun-control measure on the agenda, including bills to limit gun purchases to one a month and to impose a statewide ban on so-called assault weapons. They were defeated on the House floor. Representative Dan Frankel (D-Allegheny) proposed a statewide ban on "assault weapons" but the legislation failed by a vote of 63-124, as did a plan offered by Representative John Myers (D-Philadelphia) to ban such firearms in Philadelphia only, which lawmakers rejected in a 57-128 vote.

The House also rejected several gun-control measures last week, including legislation that would have imposed reporting requirements on gun sellers, supposedly to prevent "straw" buying, as well as bills to mandate child safety locks on firearms and allow hiladelphia to regulate the sale of guns and ammunition.

The gun-control debate came during the course of a rarely used legislative procedure known as the Committee of the Whole. Each lawmaker was given an opportunity to offer crime-fighting measures in the committee, and informal votes were taken to determine which proposals would be considered in regular session. Over the three days of debate, the House plowed through nearly a 100 proposals of the crime-focused Committee of the Whole. Lawmakers endorsed many bills toughening criminal penalties or buttressing law enforcement, including a plan to add up to 10,000 new police officers to local forces by 2010, with a mix of state and local funding.

--------------------------
    DO NOT BE COMPLACENT!!!

There is STILL an Election to be Won.

Speak OUT ! Show Support for those Representatives who support YOU!

www.nrapvf.org/elections/State.aspx?State=PA

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Get ready for our "friends" to use the Lancaster County tragedy to further their agenda. Just gotta keep educating.

Administrator
    Just glad that everything went as it should have...this time around.
    I'd like to delude myself into thinking that my E-mails did some good but, they probably didn't.
    Well, if they passed any of that total nonsensical crappola then I was going to see if anyone had intentions of petitioning it all to a higher court and have it ruled on based on PA Constitutional grounds.
    I would sure have joined that fight.
    They are not allowed to pass restrictive firearm measures in PA unless they intend to amend the State Constitution first.
    Of course that never meant much of anything to them in the past.
    That bunch of high horse characters really pee me off sometimes. Gun control restrictions are supposed to stay "hands off taboo" in PA.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Good news now we have got to get hunters,gunowners and such on the same page which is not an easy task
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

Wouldn't restricting rights in Philly-only correspond to gun-control's racist roots? Just wondering.

Sponsored Links