Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion

This is a discussion on Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; hi ya 'all Mexico has essentially the same constitution as the US, particularly the same gun rights etc., yet a simple presidential signature cancelled them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion

hi ya 'all Mexico has essentially the same constitution as the US, particularly the same gun rights etc., yet a simple presidential signature cancelled them even though years later, it is still being argued as unconstitutional. The people also said "out of my cold dead fingers", yet when it came to the nitty gritty, they were confiscated with no effective loss of life. Make no mistake, many of the Mexicans were war veterans and were not lacking in courage or will.

The present US gov't has infinitely more direct and indirect power to enforce what ever they wish, witness this last election, reason controlled media and education.

So be aware, study all such posts carefully, whether true or not, and most of all, think, not react emotionally this way or that.

Last bit, I am just old enough to remember Hitler overnight banning private ownership of "ALL" firearms and enforcing it with his private, internal army !

Don Jose de La Mancha

2. Remove Ads

Back on topic.

OP, great post. I think you found a great place via this forum to speak your mind and the people here will likely support your views on the 2nd Amendment. I agree with everything you mentioned in your post, but I think we have to take it a step further and make the arguement against all forms of government control(not just 2A).

Both on this forum and in my daily life I constantly hear people go on a verbal tirade about the 2nd Amendment and gun control and then without even taking a break they continue onto a different topic where they have no issues with civil liberties being taken away.

If you are truely believe in the right to bear arms for self-defense both against criminals and a tyrannical government, then you better make a serious effort to make sure your viewpoints on other subjects is in line with the constitution as well.

I'm not going to go into detail about any of the topics, but some of the key issues that are related to government control are:
    Surveillance & Privacy - Anybody heard of the PATRIOT Act?
    Racial Profiling and Immigrand Discrimination - Anybody heard about the proposed laws in Arizona?
    Censorship - If you want to get serious about the 2nd Amendment, would be a good idea to support the 1st?
    Detention - Do you think it is acceptable for the government to sentance people to be raped?
    Drug Policy - If I don't want the government to infringe on my right to bear arms, is it acceptable for them to infringe on my freedom to become intoxicated any way I want on my private property?

Again, sorry if I crossed the line here, but I think it is really important to take a stance on every issue related to liberty if you want to keep your 2A rights. If you pick and choose what rights to protect, you will end up losing all of them.

Lead Moderator
    Leave the politics out or the thread gets locked.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayopo View Post
    hi ya 'all Mexico has essentially the same constitution as the US, particularly the same gun rights etc., yet a simple presidential signature cancelled them even though years later, it is still being argued as unconstitutional. The people also said "out of my cold dead fingers", yet when it came to the nitty gritty, they were confiscated with no effective loss of life. Make no mistake, many of the Mexicans were war veterans and were not lacking in courage or will.

The present US gov't has infinitely more direct and indirect power to enforce what ever they wish, witness this last election, reason controlled media and education.

So be aware, study all such posts carefully, whether true or not, and most of all, think, not react emotionally this way or that.

Last bit, I am just old enough to remember Hitler overnight banning private ownership of "ALL" firearms and enforcing it with his private, internal army !

Don Jose de La Mancha
    There's a shortage of firearms in Mexico? No wonder the black market is so strong.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links