Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion

This is a discussion on Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Control-vs-Second Amendment In my opinion gun control is nothing about crime prevention but everything about a “small elite group” exercising their control over all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion

Gun Control-vs-Second Amendment

In my opinion gun control is nothing about crime prevention but everything about a “small elite group” exercising their control over all others.

Many of my liberal acquaintances think gun control will solve crime problems. I’ve not been able to convince these foolish people that laws do not prevent crime. Laws simply provide a penalty for those who break laws. Just ask the guy who got a speeding ticket.

In every society or profession there are good people and bad people. When the profession is military arms or law enforcement the bad people seem to get an inordinate amount of media coverage. Maybe this coverage is a good thing.

Yesterday I read two articles on FoxNews.com about bad cops. One was a SF deputy sheriff who was charged with bank robbery. The other was about the NYC police officer who wanted to cannibalize women. These two men took an oath to protect and serve.

A couple of months ago there were the army privates who murdered a co-worker and his girl friend to protect their conspiracy to start a new government. They took an oath to support and defend …

And we’ve seen a lot on the forums about the large ammo buys by several U.S. Government departments and agencies along with the questions about why these departments need millions of rounds of defense ammo.

Over the past few years we have read in the papers and online and seen on TV the events in Mexico of the killings, assassinations of good cops and political figures, beheadings, abductions, and running gun-battles. Over the past few years the media has reported over 27,000 killings in Mexico, most associated with the drug cartels. Many of the perpetrators were/are corrupt Mexican military and police. I think Mexico personifies gun control.

If we do away with the Second Amendment and bring in “gun control” I think the bad people mentioned above will flourish. After all, as in Mexico, how do you argue successfully with the bad guy with a gun when you’re not allowed to have a gun?

As the old adage goes, “Absolute power corrupts absolutely”.
    USN Retired

I agree it has nothing to do about crime or whatever, it's all about control with the left whether it be guns or health-care they want to tell you how, when and where to live your life.

Gun control and the second amendment are mutually exclusive. I agree that gun control has absolutely nothing to do with crime control or public safety.

You're preaching to the choir my friend.

And one of the scary things is that anti-gun lawmakers KNOW that gun control doesn't stop crime. Virtually all of the data showing that putting guns into the hands of law-abiding citizens lowers crime COMES FROM GOVERNMENT SOURCES. So if they know the truth, it makes you wonder just what their intent is....

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    It is the sign of the times..or the end of time.

Gun control is the tip of the iceberg; hence my online name "RightsEroding"

Those of us who believe in the most basic and primary tenets of the constitution of (Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" should not become overly focused on gun control issues when the foundation of God given freedoms are under attack from many sources. The foundation itself is being shook with gun control located somewhere on the 9th floor. Be vigil and look at the bigger picture. Don't let just gun control distract us.

Sadly, we live in a country where the majority are sheep to the slaughter.
    Even more sad is the fact I can not provide an answer other than....

"Look up, for your redemption draws nigh"

Until that time, we fight on every front.
    Jgriner likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    ANGLICO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder View Post
    In my opinion gun control is nothing about crime prevention but everything about a “small elite group” exercising their control over all others.
    Yup. "Gun Control" ain't about guns. It's about control.

Owning, buying, selling, transporting, carrying, loading or destroying a gun doesn't harm anyone. Though, of course, murder, rape, robbery and the like certainly do ... and those are already criminalized as they should be. Which is really enough. And the 2A still says "shall not be infringed." Which really should be enough.

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." It's high time for the corrupted to see the Powerful (the People) ... absolutely.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Re: Gun Control-vs-2nd Amendment: My Opinion

Your making the modern argument against gun control, but i want to take you back to the original intent of the 2nd admendment, firearms are here to protect us from an out of control "tyrannical" government.

For one sec to even think its ok to allow the government decide which guns/how many rounds/what they look like, im allowed to have or not have, spits in the idea that original intent of the 2nd amendment.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Tayopo likes this.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Progresso soup cans....
    steffen likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The problem with making the case for gun ownership based on the 2nd Amendment and intent of our forefathers, is that anti-gunner liberals don't care. They see the 2A as a flaw, or at least as outdated, and believe it should be changed. Infringing on our 2A rights in their eyes is correcting a problem.
    Jgriner likes this.

I think the worst is yet to come..
    It will be interesting to see what the BHO administration does next.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    My guess would be: nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Hopefully try to come to a consensus with Congressional Republicans to save the economy from crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin1155 View Post
    The problem with making the case for gun ownership based on the 2nd Amendment and intent of our forefathers, is that anti-gunner liberals don't care. They see the 2A as a flaw, or at least as outdated, and believe it should be changed. Infringing on our 2A rights in their eyes is correcting a problem.
    True, just look at Ruth Bader Ginsburg, she goes to Africa (or somewhere) and talks about how horrible our Constitution is, this woman has taken the oath to defend the Constitution and all she can talk about is how unfair it is. I dont think for a sec that she would try to stop any law that would completely due away with the 2a.

Our 2a is there to protect us form Government, to allow any form of Goverment gun control is unconstitutional, thats from Clinton gun ban, to the full auto ban.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    My guess would be: nothing.
    I sure hope so, I dont think he will attempt anything through congress, but I sure know he is going to support the united nations global gun bans. There's ways that treaties can bypass congress.

And I do believe he might just attempt an executive order, to limit guns/ammo

http://youtu.be/peECAPrA_2g

And hes subjects (and congress) just cheer, yes you can, yes you can......

POWER,,,, that is all gun control is,,,, if you can take the guns AWAY
    THEN YOU CAN HAVE TOTAL POWER.

If it PREVENTED CRIME ,,,, the ILLINOIS would be GUN CRIME FREE.
    Jgriner likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links