NRA Never Again - Parts 1 & 2 - Page 2

NRA Never Again - Parts 1 & 2

This is a discussion on NRA Never Again - Parts 1 & 2 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ANGLICO OK - I'll post one more time on this. And I am glad the OP posted this. This was a 'test ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: NRA Never Again - Parts 1 & 2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    OK - I'll post one more time on this. And I am glad the OP posted this.

This was a 'test case' where Federal, Coast Guard, State and Local LEO violated everyone's 2A rights! Granted, most of the N.O. LEO were crooked and looting too, if they even stayed....

My opinion is that N.O. is a progressive left city (dispute me on that...) and it was easy for the LEO to gun grab there. Might be different later...

Now take 'Sandy' in NJ and NY and NYC... all places where the 2A rights are already restricted to the point of non existence. Don't hear the MSM talking about the crime and crime and crime and robberies and assualts happing there now, do you? It is happening.

Katriana was a test case for the brady bunch, and a bunch of appointed and/or endorsed 'officials' who did or do not understand the rights of citizens!

This will happen to you. Be prepared to 'give away' the only (wink) shotgun your family has... and let them move on.

They, after 'they' take your protection, will not be there to protect you when the mobs come. I used to be 'they'. I know what I speak of.

For all of you sworn LEO or higher Federal Officers, search your personal soal on this one! Afterall, most of you have family somewhere that you would expect the LEO to defend, when you are not there.... are they just as interested as you are to protect your family when you are not there?
    re: only to point in bold: Duh, crime happens in those areas all the time just like anyplace else. They tend to be the upper
    end neighborhoods due to proximity to the ocean and isolated nature of SI. NYC is not NOLA and the affected areas are much
    smaller; plus a functional police department remained in place and working as too the fire department.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    When the people become totally dependant on the government, they will do whatever the gov't says to do to get what they need.
    mg27 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Seems like we need to start looking into getting a hold of "give away" weapon for when they come..... Altho if they check BATF records before they come they will know exactly what you have unless purchased prior to BATF form requirements......
    This is why you have the oldest member of the family buy the weapons now. When they die there is no paper trail at all the owner is dead the person the bought it is dead
    They are gone. You do not list them any where not in you will not in your insurance.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Half of my guns have been purchased at local stores and have a paper trail, half are untracable. I didn't plan it that way, it just sort of worked out. But my carry guns are all on the books. It might not be a bad idea to try to pick at least one more good pistol up on the private market to be kept seperately from the others.

I hate sounding paranoid, but it has happened, and just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you are wrong.
    Walk softly ...

For those of you concerned about Federal registration.... It's not supposed to happen.... based on NICS checks anyway. Some states have, did, require registration of some firearms.. mostly handguns... I think Illinois does still. There may be some records traced at the state level... but I doubt at the federal level...

Not to say it couldn't happen... But unlikely...

As seen in the above vids... NOLA police and State and NG were ASKING... "Do you have any firearms..." or in the cases where there was no one home, they were entering and searching for them... every house, IINM.

That doesn't make it right... but where there were face to face encounters... they did "ask".

There is the remote possibility, that since there were looters about.. that some of those guns confiscated from unoccupied homes were kept out of the hands of the looters themselves...

All that said in some weak defense of actions taken during Katrina... I would not have evacuated my home without my firearms.

If LEO asked if I had firearms in my vehicle, I don't know what I would have said at that time... I might have admitted to having some arms... Once that was admitted, they did not allow you to turn them over... They detained you in a different area of your vehicle/boat/home/whatever and commenced a search. So, a "give away" gun or guns wouldn't have worked.

At that point, everything is illegal... And it may have happened to me that once... .but I can guaran-gosh darn-tee you it would never happen again. Not if I remained in LA, nor if I moved to some other state.

I hope I never see such actions again in this country... ever.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

So what happened if you said no? If they didn't believe you, would they search anyway? And how much trouble would you be in for lying to the police/"national guard" in this case? And what were the penalties for being caught with a gun later?

Does them breaking the law in their actions of illegal search and confiscation negate the illegal nature of lying to LEO? I realize that would all have to be played out in court, but we are talking life and death sittuations in the heat of the moment.
    Walk softly ...

Pretty grim videos. It doesn't speak well for American police or civilians.

In the end it comes down to a personal choice. When armed police come to your house and threaten you; do you capitulate or do you stand and fight? Each of us has to make that decision for ourselves. No amount of online chest beating or pseudo bravery means anything on an internet forum. It only counts when you are forced to decide what happens next. If you knuckle under, you will most likely live, but without your firearms. If you elect to fight, you will most likely die, but if you have any skills at all, you will probably take a couple of them with you.

This isn't the place to loudly announce your plans. That can only happen inside your head and it still may change when faced with the reality of imminent death. The choice is the same as it has always been for humans: live with injustice, or risk your own life trying to fight against injustice. I've made my choice.
    darbo likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by billstaf View Post
    If you knuckle under, you will most likely live, but without your firearms. If you elect to fight, you will most likely die, but if you have any skills at all, you will probably take a couple of them with you.
    The problem that I have with this is that "them" may just be the local deputy or weekend warrior that gets roped into helping and doesn't fully understand or support what he is doing. Yes, "I was just following orders" or "doing my job" is not a valid excuse, but it gets really messy. And then there is the whole boiling frog concept which is probably how it will come about, if it does. Just like UK, start with small segments and features of the guns and move gradually towards total confiscation.

If they were to announce it was happening all at once, people would probably resist, but when it is a knock on your door after power is out for days and you don't know that it is a total violation on a statewide scale, how are you to know that it is time to resist?
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Last summer governor Dayton (Minnesota) VETOED a bill supported by both parties that would have given Minnesotans protection against this. He reason was because law enforcement opposed the bill.

What does THAT tell you?

Seems like we need to start looking into getting a hold of "give away" weapon for when they come..... Altho if they check BATF records before they come they will know exactly what you have unless purchased prior to BATF form requirements......

I like the idea of a "give away" gun. In my case they can have my Kel-Tec P3AT (.380). I couldn't even hit the ground with that gun unless I dropped it. They are welcome to that thing.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Those that are old enough can see that all this crazyness started right after WW2 going towards the left..
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    For those of you concerned about Federal registration.... It's not supposed to happen.... based on NICS checks anyway. Some states have, did, require registration of some firearms.. mostly handguns... I think Illinois does still. There may be some records traced at the state level... but I doubt at the federal level...

Not to say it couldn't happen... But unlikely...
    While it is not an "official" federal registration of weapons the BATF form 4473 that is filled out when purchasing a weapon, etc., makes it all but official.
    Richard58 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

While it is not an "official" federal registration of weapons the BATF form 4473 that is filled out when purchasing a weapon, etc., makes it all but official.
    This is so true.....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I believe your generation wants it that way. They voted for big government intruding on all aspects of our lives.
    A vote for obama? A vote for big government. Then again, a vote for romney was a vote for big gov too. There is no small government party anymore.

I saw this awhile ago and could not believe it. I was always vocal that our own police and military would not do somerhing like this. I was clearly wrong, and I think it was because I was brought up in the military and have a good may people in my life that are LEOs that I couldn't see "them" doing this horrible thing. Even as I type this I don't think the people I know would do these things but I realize now that the country isn't full of the good ole country boy LEOs and military people I know.

I agree with the fact that my generation has no idea what is going on and don't want to see what is going on. My generation inherited our freedom from our forefathers and are now giving it away at will, but please remember that it is not everyone in my generation. There are still many of us that are willing to stand for what is right, not all of us are willing to hand over the freedom that so many people fought and died to give us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links