Now I moved here... You cannot practice your 2A Rights, because I'll throw a fit! Wa!

This is a discussion on Now I moved here... You cannot practice your 2A Rights, because I'll throw a fit! Wa! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dbglock Well, somebody has to be the Devil's Advocate, so here goes. The 2A says nothing about a the right to fire ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now I moved here... You cannot practice your 2A Rights, because I'll throw a fit! Wa!

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Well, somebody has to be the Devil's Advocate, so here goes. The 2A says nothing about a the right to fire your arms here or there. It says you have a right to bear them. Firing them puts you in a category similar to loud stereos and snowmobiles but different because of the danger of strays, and these issues are typically handled at the local or state level. What would you do if your next door neighbor stood in his front yard and screamed through a megaphone all day and when you complained he invoked his 1A rights?

Just saying, it helps to understand the other side rather than just call them names.
    I could see how it might not be a pure 2A issue, but it is also a government intrusion/proterty rights issue.

ccw9mm is right, here is a link to the RCW RCW 9.41.290: State preemption.
    It does include usage restrictions in the preemption, but allows for restrictions of discharge by cities and counties for safety, etc...

"
    a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and
    "

Kind of lame, but still within state law.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

I hope this gets squashed.

This reminds me of the morons who have been trying to shut down my local gun range I belong to. You know, the people who CHOSE to move near it after being told about it (legal requirement in Wisconsin).

Seriously, if you purchase a property, you should know what is creating noise around you. If it bothers you, well, it's a problem you chose to have. Railroad tracks, airports, and highways are things some people complain about all the time. When they start complaining, the first thing I ask is, was the nuisance there before you bought your place? 9 times out of 10, it was. The rest of the time, I just say carry on with the complaints. At least they have the right to complain about the changes that occurred over the years.

The most important thing is what the article doesn't mention. Actual problems. Just whiners complaining about something they chose to be around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links