Cautiously optimistic

Cautiously optimistic

This is a discussion on Cautiously optimistic within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Changes to Michigan concealed handgun law approved by state Senate | MLive.com A lot of us have been making calls to Lansing, trying to get ...

Thread: Cautiously optimistic

Cautiously optimistic

Changes to Michigan concealed handgun law approved by state Senate | MLive.com

A lot of us have been making calls to Lansing, trying to get this stalled piece of legislation moving. It appears we may have done some good. The upshot of it is that we will no longer be forced to make the choice between disarming ourselves or carrying openly in Pistol Free Zones like churches and schools. Now we'll see if it passes the house. The Governor has not indicated that he has any major problems with the bill.

Hopefully, if all goes well, this could be a good precedent for other states that aren't as far along. I imagine there's an argument to be made that it doesn't go far enough (for example, if it passes, open carry will be prohibited in PFZ's, even for CPL holders). Whaddya think?

Anyway, wish us luck, eh?

Gav

P.S. My daughter is home from school and helped me with this post. She wanted to add a lot of cute icons. Hope they show up ok in the post. Cheers, guys.

Good luck.

While I'm sure many Michiganders wish it were more... every single step towards liberty is a good one... someday, we will all have constitutional carry, If we're lucky... wouldn't that be something?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I sure hope your right..............Constitutional Carry.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The longest trip starts with the first step. Removing obstacles to lawful carrying is a long, hard road, but it begins with steps like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsored Links