The only way.

This is a discussion on The only way. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The only way we will be able to stop the anti gun nuts is to eliminate (or at least reduce.) the immediate connections between conservatism, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The only way.

The only way.

The only way we will be able to stop the anti gun nuts is to eliminate (or at least reduce.) the immediate connections between conservatism, republicans and guns. We need to find and support pro gum democrats and/or 3rd party's as much as possible. We cant win if we only have one or two party's supporting us.
    Im not trying to insult conservatives or republicans or trying to push them out of pro gun positions in the slightest, I just believe that the current one team method is ultimately a bad idea, especially considering recent elections.

I hope this is in the right forum, it is about helping pro gun legislation pass in a ever growing democrat/liberal country.

2. Remove Ads

We need more woman.
    Crowman likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2nd Amendment Support has to come from more than just the right wing conservatives for it to survive.
    torgo1968 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

very true, but they overwhelmingly vote dem. Its hard to get someone pro 2nd but also pro choice or high taxes to vote republican for the one issue.
    @at the first gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    We need more woman.
    Correct. Especially more women saying "if it saves just one child..."
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

mkh
    And we need fewer idiots like that guy in Jacksonville shooting into a car full of teenagers then claiming "stand your ground".
    torgo1968 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    The only way we will be able to stop the anti gun nuts is to eliminate (or at least reduce.) the immediate connections between conservatism, republicans and guns. We need to find and support pro gum democrats and/or 3rd party's as much as possible. We cant win if we only have one or two party's supporting us.
    Im not trying to insult conservatives or republicans or trying to push them out of pro gun positions in the slightest, I just believe that the current one team method is ultimately a bad idea, especially considering recent elections.

I hope this is in the right forum, it is about helping pro gun legislation pass in a ever growing democrat/liberal country.
    I know a lot of Democrats that enjoy their guns. Just because you're a democrat does not mean that you are a San Francisco liberal.

And you'll never stop the anti-gun nuts. They will always be there.

Finally, look at the recent 2A S. Ct. decisions and the proliferation of carry laws in various states. The acceptance of the 2A by the vast majority of the populace has been a silent victory over the last 20 years.

Things are much better now for the 2A than they were 20+ years ago, in my opinion.

What concerns me is this second term and an aging S. Ct. textualist that my retire. Keep my fingers crossed that he'll stick around for another four years....
    sensei2, wmhawth and norb5150 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I know a lot of Democrats that enjoy their guns. Just because you're a democrat does not mean that you are a San Francisco liberal.

Finally, look at the recent 2A S. Ct. decisions and the proliferation of carry laws in various states. The acceptance of the 2A by the vast majority of the populace has been a silent victory over the last 20 years.

Things are much better now for the 2A than they were 20+ years ago, in my opinion.

What concerns me is this second term and an aging S. Ct. textualist that my retire. Keep my fingers crossed that he'll stick around for another four years....
    Im aware of many pro gun dems, but not many pro gun dem politicians. Relying on the now defunct republican party (especially for the supreme court.) to block the dems wont work anymore.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

The only way.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post

It does mean gun loving Dems are in the minority within their own party.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Good luck

We should remember that there are many, many, many who have more independence of mind than they are given credit for by either party. I believe many of these individuals are pro-gun, pro-liberty and because of the value they place on trusting their own judgment, they dislike being told what to think by either party. Show these people respect, demonstrate that you will listen to what they have to say and you will have powerful allies in the fight for liberty.
    sensei2 and torgo1968 like this.

There's always the 3rd party option as well, I voted libertarian this year.
    miller_man and BigJon10125 like this.

VIP Member
    I believe that problem is that the standard bearers for conservative principles such as 2A, are largely inept (Republican party, and yes even the NRA). Many of our members here are quite liberal, and yet also love their freedoms and right to bear arms.

The anti's are simply better at organizing their efforts. By doing so, a small handful manipulates the majority.

"In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is King"
    Ishmael and phreddy like this.

one ray of hope: as most of you know, Washington is a very blue state. i don't think a single Republican won a state-wide race in the recent election. though most of the state is moderate to conservative, the very liberal Seattle-Tacoma area dominates the state politically because of its' population.

but back in 1997, the anti-gun people managed to get Initiative 676 on the ballot, which, if passed, would have given the state some of the worst anti-gun legislation in the country. (you can Google it for details). while it was billed as a "Trigger Locks" initiative, it would have imposed other severe restrictions and impediments on gun ownership.

despite the fact that anti-gun forces spent a great deal of money on ads recommending passage, the initiative went down to overwhelming defeat, 71 percent against to 29 percent for.

since liberals outnumber conservatives roughly 52 percent to 48 percent in state-wide elections, this means that about 23 percent of those who normally vote Democratic - nearly half - voted against this initiative.

so while there are those extremists who would really like to outlaw all firearms, it seems that in 1997 Washington State, many who did not own guns, still didn't think that the extreme measures proposed by 676 were necessary

i also believe that momentum continues to be on our side. the percentage of voters who think that more restrictive gun laws are needed has continued to drop over the last 25 years. and with so many more states now having passed "shall issue" concealed carry laws without the predicted catastrophic consequences, i think that we will continue to see the advance of real common sense/reality.

what we need to remain alert against is anti-gun POLITICIANS, such as Senators Feinstein, Gillibrand, and Schumer, and Mayor Bloomberg of NY City.
    blitzburgh and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Now I'm confused. I owned just as many guns when I was a Democrat as I do now that I'm a Republican. Maybe I need to re-register as an Independent?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links