10 State Attorneys General Oppose Gun Permit Law - National Reciprocity

This is a discussion on 10 State Attorneys General Oppose Gun Permit Law - National Reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard That should still leave 80 senators in favor. 20 more than needed to stop a filibuster. That would have been true, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 10 State Attorneys General Oppose Gun Permit Law - National Reciprocity

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    That should still leave 80 senators in favor. 20 more than needed to stop a filibuster.
    That would have been true, back when Senators were selected by their state's legislature. Senators were more loyal to their states then. Now that Senators are elected by popular vote, they more often vote for their personal interests rather than their state's. Just another reason to get rid of popular elections of Senators.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    That would have been true, back when Senators were selected by their state's legislature. Senators were more loyal to their states then. Now that Senators are elected by popular vote, they more often vote for their personal interests rather than their state's. Just another reason to get rid of popular elections of Senators.
    Maybe. There were reasons the system evolved as it has. I guess the folks in the past didn't think it worked
    well that way. I'd be game for giving it another try.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I say get rid of the senate entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    10 State Attorneys General Oppose Gun Permit Law...The other attorneys general are from California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada and Oregon, along with Pennsylvania's attorney general-elect[
    I could have named those States Attorneys General without EVER having even READ this article. 'Cause they're always...THE SAME STATES!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

It's somewhat (but not entirely) odd for Nevada to be on this list. Their reciprocity list is laughably tiny (like Maine's), but they are shall issue for both residents and non-residents and they allow both open and concealed carry. Not exactly a hotbed of anti-gun agitation.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    It's somewhat (but not entirely) odd for Nevada to be on this list. Their reciprocity list is laughably tiny (like Maine's), but they are shall issue for both residents and non-residents and they allow both open and concealed carry. Not exactly a hotbed of anti-gun agitation.
    One would think, however, NV is a very large mostly rural state, dominated in politics by one specific population concentration, and they are slowly pushing the laws to the Anti's.

I was going to say that list of AGs has a high correlation to states with lots of members of MAIG - but I don't see a single Nevada mayor on their member list!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada and Oregon, along with Pennsylvania's attorney general-elect.
    No big suprises in that list. Throw in Wash DC too, as I'm sure they are against it. I'm sure New York and New Jersey are in the bunch.

The "blue" states.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links