President's Gun Ban List

This is a discussion on President's Gun Ban List within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thankfully we have a pro-gun congress. However, I could see him trying to sidestep congress (again) to try and pull something. However I agree that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: President's Gun Ban List

Thankfully we have a pro-gun congress. However, I could see him trying to sidestep congress (again) to try and pull something.

However I agree that he's more concerned with raising taxes and making things more expensive than taking guns right now. However, I think he wants to disarm the citizens at some point in his grand scheme.

Okay, no more taking serious like this...back to watching the Packers.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    While I don't want to see ANY ban to be honest being a wheel gun fan, and owning a SKS, ain't going to cause me any sleepless nights.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    Exactly. I seriously don't understand how people on this board think Obama and Holder don't want to come after your guns.
    Because he had four years to do it and he not only didn't try, he distanced himself from even the thought of it. Holder got his hand slapped for mentioning gun control. And just because he's been re-elected doesn't mean he will do whatever he wants. He still has to deal with Congress and he's still a member of the Democratic party who doesn't want to kneecap it in the next mid-term elections.

If you want to talk about the possible ramifications of any supreme court nominations he might make, that's a valid point. Presidents and political parties don't win or lose based on who they appointed to the SC and most of his possibles will likely be unfriendly on gun issues. But he's not going to push for new laws and he's not going to sign a sneaky executive order when no one is looking.

Our side does not benefit from spreading this nonsense. The general public sees a four year period of unprecedented gun sales and more states becoming shall-issue or liberalizing their existing concealed carry laws. Good god, we turned Wisconsin! And then the NRA or whoever spreads this kind of stuff and it makes us look like the nuts that the anti-gunners think we are.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    But he's not going to push for new laws and he's not going to sign a sneaky executive order when no one is looking.

You are 100% correct...........well except for the 6-8 cabinet positions he waited to fill till Congress was on Recess.................oh and Obamacare he pushed through AGAINST THE WISHES of 72% of the population.........and the Immigration free pass he 'decreed' against BOTH House, and Senate........................or as he said in 2008 "CIVILIANS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO OWN MILITARY TYPE WEAPONS". But other than that you are right on the mark.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    yeah um....the constitution is as strong as the will of the people and can (And has been, case in point: ww2 internment camps for Japanese Americans.) be ignored. Its a piece of old paper, without us its worthless. Don't say "they cant" and expect them not to try, they will and we need to be ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    Im not super afraid of the president too much, hes done nothing anti gun as president and we still have a pro gun congress.

^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

This bunch is not unlike those who have gone before them;
    They will run anything and everything up the flagpole, and throw everything on the wall, just to see what sticks.
    Some people refuse to pull their head out of the sand

Because he had four years to do it and he not only didn't try, he distanced himself from even the thought of it. Holder got his hand slapped for mentioning gun control. And just because he's been re-elected doesn't mean he will do whatever he wants. He still has to deal with Congress and he's still a member of the Democratic party who doesn't want to kneecap it in the next mid-term elections.

If you want to talk about the possible ramifications of any supreme court nominations he might make, that's a valid point. Presidents and political parties don't win or lose based on who they appointed to the SC and most of his possibles will likely be unfriendly on gun issues. But he's not going to push for new laws and he's not going to sign a sneaky executive order when no one is looking.

Our side does not benefit from spreading this nonsense. The general public sees a four year period of unprecedented gun sales and more states becoming shall-issue or liberalizing their existing concealed carry laws. Good god, we turned Wisconsin! And then the NRA or whoever spreads this kind of stuff and it makes us look like the nuts that the anti-gunners think we are.

^In bold above^^^^^^^^

Is the only thing in your post that is on the money.

The rest is spoken like someone who has already drank the kool-aid.

This guy and his administration is nothing but "giving the American people what they want", and then THEY tell us what we want.

Geezz Louise!!!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Mods, You can close this one early.....

He might have a list but he does not have the power to make it happen. Legislatively there is absolutely nothing going to happen for at least two years. Nothing to see here.
    torgo1968 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Constitution has nothing to do with the will of the people any more . It is the political agenda of 5 of 9 nothing more. We got by with one vote the last time.
    Obama said loud and clear. "they got it wrong,I will fix that when I appoint one more Justice" How much more direct and blunt can he be.
    If 5 of 9 say the 2nd does not apply to to the individual citizen, then the 2nd as we have know it is gone that simple that quick. Not a thing congress or the will of anyone can do about it.
    He will in this term appoint one more at least. Then Executive order enforcing the Brady ban plus more depending how he plans it out. It will bounce around in a Kangaroo court system being upheld . When he is ready it will go to the Supreme court. Then 5 of 9 will seal the deal. If you have not seen his plan you have been sleeping he talked about often.

But the most likely justice to be replaced this term is Ginsberg who is a liberal so if she gets replaced that won't change the balance of the court.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    But the most likely justice to be replaced this term is Ginsberg who is a liberal so if she gets replaced that won't change the balance of the court.

I agree. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. If anti-gunners read this forum (and other gun forums), they would find a wealth of information to support their belief that gun owners are a bunch of trigger-happy, extremest whakos. All of the "they'll have to pry my gun out of my cold, dead hands" rhetoric, targets of people, scary looking guns... it all plays right into that image.
    finst3r and torgo1968 like this.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Because I knew the hounds on this site would sniff it out while I was on the road.
    So we do your research and prove it or disprove it? Verrrry clever.

Not sure about the list, seems to be one single, unverifiable source. However, everyone is saying "Senate can't pass it through the house" and "Won't sign the treaty requires 2/3 vote in the senate" and that they don't have the numbers. That is true, my concern would be the BATFE (which reports to the executive branch) re-classifying these weapons, anyone remember "sporting use"? And like that, Congress/Senate are bypassed. And it's now codified and when the ATF shows up with swat teams to seize those weapons, how many 2A proponents are going to have gun battles with agents? That event(s) lead to "common sense" gun laws that the republicans would agree to. Incrementalism used to require the house and senate and executive branch, now it's just an executive order, or a departmental re-interpretation of the rules.

And right on queue, the next entry in my RSS feeder is this video link, with someone speculating that they would re-classify all these as NFA items.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/

Which would be financially great for me, but disastrous for 2A rights.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

President's Gun Ban List

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    So we do your research and prove it or disprove it? Verrrry clever.
    I'm resourceful in a different way. What can I say? :)

And it was clarified in post #3. What post are we on now???
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

the ban list ... is expanded ...... and the new improved and expanded verison does some "key" things that are much worse.

* no rifle magazine over 5 rounds, and some would like all rifles that can even use a magazine banned..... basically that wipes out any semi-auto rifle.
    * The US ATTY General, at his discretion can add "any gun" to the list that he deems approrpriate at "any time" , WITHOUT the approval of Congress or any amendments.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links