Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

President's Gun Ban List

4K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  OD* 
#1 ·
I want to preface this by saying I have not had the opportunity to check the validity of this article or the information in it. I was hoping someone here would be able to say it isn't true, because if it is, it's a very bad thing.

UPDATE: Obama

#2 ·
Looks like a repeat of the expired AWB, plus the BS laws from CA, NY, NJ, MD and the other like minded states.

#3 ·
That was a list from 4 years ago. They might try and use the same list. I'm always suspect of post with no date or name attached to it.

Author Korwin disavows e-mail scare under his byline

Author Korwin disavows e-mail scare under his byline - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Veteran Arizona gun rights advocate Alan Korwin, author of several gun law books and a prolific writer, is scrambling to distance himself from what appears to be a rather cleverly concocted fraud that takes something he wrote almost four years ago and makes it look like some brand new sinister scheme he has uncovered.

In an unusual step, he has issued an alert that appears on the Ammo Land website, denouncing the first paragraphs of this new missive that has spread across the Internet like a bad case of the flu, under his byline. It purports to identify a new list of guns that the Obama administration has its heart set on banning.
And this is how Korwin reacted: “I did not write that inflammatory paragraph and its next sentence, even though someone has attributed that to me.”

Is there anything about that statement that is not understood?

Korwin adds, “It is horrifying from a gun-rights perspective. Whoever used my name without my permission or knowledge was at least clever.”

#5 ·
I want to preface this by saying I have not had the opportunity to check the validity of this article or the information in it. I was hoping someone here would be able to say it isn't true, because if it is, it's a very bad thing.

UPDATE: Obama
I'll second that.....
Why post it then? :rolleyes:

#12 ·
I said it before and Ill say it again, this administration does not care about rights. He has used and abused his executive order many times and the supreme court is lined up with this tyrant. Look at obaummer care? tax? no penelty? no tax. I put nothing past this administration as they are not on the side of the American people. I just saw on the news more gun talk. Not a good sign when all of the sudden there is this much talk of banning certain handguns, rifles and who konws what else.

#13 ·
Exactly. I seriously don't understand how people on this board think Obama and Holder don't want to come after your guns. Look at Holder talking about "brainwashing people" away from their guns and the things Obama has voted on and proposed while in IL. All this on top of regularly side-stepping congress and pushing the limits of the constitution. He's not a typical democrat.

#16 ·
Thankfully we have a pro-gun congress. However, I could see him trying to sidestep congress (again) to try and pull something.

However I agree that he's more concerned with raising taxes and making things more expensive than taking guns right now. However, I think he wants to disarm the citizens at some point in his grand scheme.

Okay, no more taking serious like this...back to watching the Packers.

#23 ·
Constitution has nothing to do with the will of the people any more . It is the political agenda of 5 of 9 nothing more. We got by with one vote the last time.
Obama said loud and clear. "they got it wrong,I will fix that when I appoint one more Justice" How much more direct and blunt can he be.
If 5 of 9 say the 2nd does not apply to to the individual citizen, then the 2nd as we have know it is gone that simple that quick. Not a thing congress or the will of anyone can do about it.
He will in this term appoint one more at least. Then Executive order enforcing the Brady ban plus more depending how he plans it out. It will bounce around in a Kangaroo court system being upheld . When he is ready it will go to the Supreme court. Then 5 of 9 will seal the deal. If you have not seen his plan you have been sleeping he talked about often.

#28 ·
Not sure about the list, seems to be one single, unverifiable source. However, everyone is saying "Senate can't pass it through the house" and "Won't sign the treaty requires 2/3 vote in the senate" and that they don't have the numbers. That is true, my concern would be the BATFE (which reports to the executive branch) re-classifying these weapons, anyone remember "sporting use"? And like that, Congress/Senate are bypassed. And it's now codified and when the ATF shows up with swat teams to seize those weapons, how many 2A proponents are going to have gun battles with agents? That event(s) lead to "common sense" gun laws that the republicans would agree to. Incrementalism used to require the house and senate and executive branch, now it's just an executive order, or a departmental re-interpretation of the rules.

And right on queue, the next entry in my RSS feeder is this video link, with someone speculating that they would re-classify all these as NFA items.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/

Which would be financially great for me, but disastrous for 2A rights.

#30 ·
the ban list ... is expanded ...... and the new improved and expanded verison does some "key" things that are much worse.

* no rifle magazine over 5 rounds, and some would like all rifles that can even use a magazine banned..... basically that wipes out any semi-auto rifle.
* The US ATTY General, at his discretion can add "any gun" to the list that he deems approrpriate at "any time" , WITHOUT the approval of Congress or any amendments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.