Did anyone else hear this today?

This is a discussion on Did anyone else hear this today? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dbglock I did a Google search and all I got from "obama class 2 weapons semi-auto" was the original fantasy from John ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Did anyone else hear this today?

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    I did a Google search and all I got from "obama class 2 weapons semi-auto" was the original fantasy from John Lott (or whatever his name is) and a lot of conspiracy babble from gun forums. Try it yourselves. When this comes out of a legitimate new agency I'll take notice. I don't bother with Faux News or any extremist babble (left or right).
    It isn't John Lott.... although some of Lott's work has been discredited... He isn't off the deep end by any stretch.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've given up on all the tv news show, now I'm only going to trust the I-net for my news.
    Not me. I'm tuning in to Smitty901 for my updates.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I think we're going to hear a lot junk, possibly to get gun folk all stirred up and making noise and then point their finger at us in all our hysterics and ultimately to try and put us to sleep. Then one day we will wake up and there will be a new executive order... Congress can act against executive orders though it rarely happens, so we're probably sunk at that point. It's an eventuality we must be looking for.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Hmmm... "Super reliable source"..."according to confidential information"...sounds real credible to me. How about we ramp up the fear mongering even more so none of us can afford to buy new guns or the ammo they need to run and the anti-gunners will get what they want without having to pass any laws at all?
    jsnyder | Conservative News, Views & Books

John M. Snyder, former National Rifle Association magazine editor, is public affairs director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and a director of the Council for America. Because he is the senior gun rights advocate in Washington, his is also know as the "Gun Dean." He is the founder of the St. Gabriel Possenti Society and author of "Gun Saint."

http://gunpolicies.wordpress.com/

Yeah I would tend to take what he has to say seriously....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    It isn't John Lott.... although some of Lott's work has been discredited... He isn't off the deep end by any stretch.
    Not that I care but it's John Snyder. Just another clown who blogs official-looking pabulum based on "something I heard," prompting the masses to buy it hook, line, and sinker and having the net result of furthering the gap between pro-gun and anti-gun zealots.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    jsnyder | Conservative News, Views & Books

John M. Snyder, former National Rifle Association magazine editor, is public affairs director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and a director of the Council for America. Because he is the senior gun rights advocate in Washington, his is also know as the "Gun Dean." He is the founder of the St. Gabriel Possenti Society and author of "Gun Saint."

http://gunpolicies.wordpress.com/

Yeah I would tend to take what he has to say seriously....
    Oh, I love the second link.... To his blog on wordpress, a free blog site on the blogosphere....

He talks about himself in the third person... lovely... I'm gonna take what he says to the bank... Here's my own miniblog on John M. Snyder:

"John M. Snyder is a self important - has been - washed up, previous national magazine editor who is named on the boards of some very right wing conservative yack banks (as opposed to think tanks, where people actually, you know, think)." Oakchas wrote, here today.

"According to obvious evidence," Oakchas continued, "Mr. Snyder simply likes to hear himself talk, or read his own prolific scribblings."

Checking into secret information available only on the NRA website, Oakchas further discovered that Mr. Snyder does not come up in the search feature of the NRA website. Oakchas had this, to say about that, "Balderflop! Man's [referring to Mr.Snyder. ed] a self published wonk full of fluff, and hot air."

Oakchas is a first class contributor to the finest Concealed Carry firearm websites in America, a legend in his own mind, and far better looking than Mr. Snyder, to boot... anything he says is worth the electronic paper it's written on.
    pgrass101 and Darrow75 like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Distinguished Member
    I had heard that Obama was already over GWB as far as number of EO's. But I went and investigated and found this interesting tidbit from the Federal Register (Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index ).

The real standout is Roosevelt.
    As of October 9, 2012
    Obama 139
    GW Bush 290
    Clinton 363
    G Bush 165
    Reagan 380
    Carter 319
    Ford 168
    Nixon 345
    Johnson 323
    Kennedy 213
    Eisenhower 481
    Truman 893
    Roosevelt 3466
    Hoover 995

Now, that being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the big O tries to pull something off using an EO.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Oh, I love the second link.... To his blog on wordpress, a free blog site on the blogosphere....

He talks about himself in the third person... lovely... I'm gonna take what he says to the bank... Here's my own miniblog on John M. Snyder:

"John M. Snyder is a self important - has been - washed up, previous national magazine editor who is named on the boards of some very right wing conservative yack banks (as opposed to think tanks, where people actually, you know, think)." Oakchas wrote, here today.

"According to obvious evidence," Oakchas continued, "Mr. Snyder simply likes to hear himself talk, or read his own prolific scribblings."

Checking into secret information available only on the NRA website, Oakchas further discovered that Mr. Snyder does not come up in the search feature of the NRA website. Oakchas had this, to say about that, "Balderflop! Man's [referring to Mr.Snyder. ed] a self published wonk full of fluff, and hot air."

Oakchas is a first class contributor to the finest Concealed Carry firearm websites in America, a legend in his own mind, and far better looking than Mr. Snyder, to boot... anything he says is worth the electronic paper it's written on.
    It's not even that complicated. It's like this: if you agree with me, you're a genius of the highest order, however genii are ordered. If you disagree with me, you're dumber than a Cuban snowshoe salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    It's not even that complicated. It's like this: if you agree with me, you're a genius of the highest order, however genii are ordered. If you disagree with me, you're dumber than a Cuban snowshoe salesman.
    "Except the ones on Cuba's frozen tundra, and Alpinesqe peaks; where he undoubtedly makes a killing." Said Oakchas today, here, on this very website!
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    I heard on the radio and looked it up when I got home. Here is the Fox news site also

President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban? | Fox News Video

Only thing I know is I don't trust lawyers, politicians, or preachers...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I heard on the radio and looked it up when I got home. Here is the Fox news site also

Does hearing it, and seeing it on FOX, or any other station... more than once... make it any more true? If so, I have a bridge in New York City to sell you. A bridge! I say, In NEW YORK CITY, no less!

Fax me a hunnert dollars and it's yours!
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Anything that comes from Faux News has to be true.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member
    Fax me a hunnert dollars and it's yours!
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post

Only thing I know is I don't trust lawyers, politicians, or preachers...
    But you trust Faux News?

Time to stock up on revolvers, lever action and pumps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links